Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   those who have Injen short ram. . . (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/30203-those-who-have-injen-short-ram.html)

ProDigy 03-31-2002 09:35 AM

those who have Injen short ram. . .

Hey. . does anyone know if their injen SRI filter is touching the hood of the car?? I noticed today that the filter looks like it has been hit cuz there are these bumps on it. . or dents. . .. and i noticed on the hood, right on top of the filter. . there is a mark, like a little oily mark. . and i think its from the filter. .does anyone know if theirs does this to?? Once again. . the filter seems to be hitting the hood of the car. . . is it to high? cuz i didn't install it. .my homies at Nu Image motorsport did it for me and it looked like pretty good job, since i heard about a problem about one of the hoses burning. . .we moved the hose that GOES over the INTAKE and put it under it so it woun't be touching it. . .is that a good thing to do? soo yeahs! ANYONE! help me out on this. . .what should i do about the lil dents![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

nbpEMCivic 03-31-2002 10:19 AM

On my Injen SRI, the filter had a couple of dents on its edges. Infact on my buddy's filter the dents were in the same place. No it's not hitting your hood, everything should be ok. It's normal.

bobbyd 03-31-2002 10:48 AM

If you think it is hitting your hood just dap a little grease or something on the filter where it might be hitting and shut the hood.....if there is grease on the under side of the hood then it hits.

nbpEMCivic 03-31-2002 11:18 AM

If you have a Injen SRI there is no way in hell the filter will be hitting the hood. Infact its the lowest part of the setup.

BAK 03-31-2002 12:19 PM

I agree with Phillippe01. I don't think there is any way it's hitting the hood unless some thing is out of wack.
ProDigy - try loosening all the connections up and try to re-adjust the intake, filter, and brackets. My battery cable tried pushing the filter upwards so I forced the cable out of the way.

ProDigy 04-01-2002 03:59 PM

I fixed it. . . .or actually. . .Nu Image Shop and I fixed it. . ehehe umms. .BIG UPS to them. . . and yeahs. . ughh what we did was we just adjusted the arm a little lower and moved the wires that go over it to the bottom. . . none of the wires are touchign the intake and so it won't burn through AND it fits just right under the hood. . .it was, you can say, a customize fit since we didn't follow directions and did a custom fit on the air intake entrance of the SRI. . . .:tup:

brodie_rider 04-10-2002 12:32 AM

Hey guys! I just installed my Injen short-ram intake tonight and is it sweet!!! It has a high pitch sound at mid range from 4-6 rpms and after 6 it screams! I love the intake. There is no substitute. Injen makes the best intakes whether it is the short-ram or CAI! There is info on it at their site and dyno results to back it up. It is amazing! :tup::tup:[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]:)

And FYI, my filter is not in the way of the hood. What you have to do is loosen the hose clamps and push the straight pipe into the throttle body to give better clearance. Also make sure that the piping is not angled up so that the filter faces the hood. Might sound like dumb advice, but it's quite obvious why it would be hitting the hood.

ProDigy 04-10-2002 01:07 AM

well, i remember when i first got my SRI. . . i heard it. .MmMmm ohh did it sound soo good. . but then the next day i got a exahust. .a good brand one i may add. . .and i can barely hear my intake :cry:. . but other than that. . its all gee! i fixed it and nothing is hitting it and now im on my way to doing some DIY painting on some engine pieces