Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   fog light (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/30178-fog-light.html)

CivicS 03-31-2002 12:52 AM

fog light

how come fog light are that expensive, OEM $223 at handa-accessories.com, anyone know where I can get under $150......thanks

smpcivic 03-31-2002 12:55 AM

i have seen them on ebay for like $98..... i think maybe procarparts.com has them cheap

Lrguy2 03-31-2002 01:24 AM

well depending on how low u want to go Wamart has em as low as $15 [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] and as high as $45. Me being the cheap bastard i am got $35 pair for myself and just installed em tonight. There not the brightest in the world but i like the look they add to the car and i knew what i was getting myself into when i bought them [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG].

sevenincubus 03-31-2002 01:40 AM

i feel comfortable shopping for accessories at wal mart

01civicboi 03-31-2002 06:00 AM

if your budget is $150, then i would recommened the OEM-style fogs from procarparts. the oems look PERFECT. good luck with your search[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

nbpEMCivic 03-31-2002 10:53 AM

ProCarParts...right.....:tdown: do your reseach about them.

CivicS 03-31-2002 11:51 AM

well, here is my search from procarparts.com, since my car is 2k2 civic coupe, and they stated 2002 MODELS MAY REQUIRE MINOR MODIFICATION -ON/OFF SWITCH DESIGNED FOR 2001 ONLY....WTF. Anyone installed fog light from procarpart on 2k2 civic??????????

It stated that they use Philips H11 (if burn, are those easily to get), so anyone know what kind of bulb use on OEM fog light.

thanks

Procarparts.com: OEM like $129.99
Honda OEM: $223

Procarparts.com:
2001 HONDA CIVIC OEM STYLE FOG LIGHTS KIT COMPLETE SET-WIRING HARNESSES,RELAYS,LEFT&RIGHT TRIM PIECES,TIES,FACTORY STYLE SWITCH,2 PHILIPS H11 GERMAL -MADE BULBS --2002 MODELS MAY REQUIRE MINOR MODIFICATION -ON/OFF SWITCH DESIGNED FOR 2001 ONLY

TuffVietta 03-31-2002 01:31 PM

i have the same exact ones from procarparts.com and i heard that the bulbs are really hard to get. i think they are made in germany and are not sold in the us. also, i dont think they produce the h-11 bulbs in hyperwhite so my foglights dont match the hyperwhite bulbs i put in my headlights.

CivicS 04-01-2002 07:02 PM

anyone know does OEM fog light use H11 bulb or not? Are those hard to get, anybody sell them if got burn!!!!!!!!!!:)

BAK 04-01-2002 07:21 PM

OEM foglights use H11 bulbs also.
Tornactive.com sells the OEM look alikes for around $150 try emailing them if you are interested.
Don't buy from Procarparts, I did and was lucky, but most people are not so lucky dealing with them.

uicmedruss 04-01-2002 11:34 PM

This place has pretty good deals on PIAA fogs if you are interested

CivicS 04-02-2002 08:34 AM

to BAK:
"OEM like" did you have problems to installed them? are those fogs are same set up as like OEM fogs?.......how long it take to get it done?

thanks

BAK 04-02-2002 03:32 PM

It took about 4 hours to do the install. 2 of those hours were me just looking at the bumper scared to start cutting without a template, which for some reason wasn't in the box. I finally traced some lines (about 20 different times) with a pencil, got my box knife and started cutting. Always start by leaving a generous amount of material, then trim to fit as necessary. By the way, I made a rough template of the pattern that needs to be cut if anyone needs one. The wiring was fairly easy. I did have to make an extension on one of the wires that came with the kit, but that was because of my choice of routes. The kit itself looks just as good as the OEM kit. Lights, switch (you can see the switch in my console pic on this site) and wiring are all top quality. I definitely recommend doing it yourself. You can always PM or email me if you decide to get the kit and do it yourself. I'll be glad to help out.