Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   I am going to DROP 1.5 with GC's, Do I need Camber? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/29945-i-am-going-drop-1-5-gcs-do-i-need-camber.html)

netcbc 03-29-2002 01:02 AM

I am going to DROP 1.5 with GC's, Do I need Camber?

Hey wuts up, i searched for this already but no one has exactly addressed what i'm asking,
i'm dropping 1.5 all around with gc's on my sedan, do i need camber? I have heard that you don't camber unless you drop lower then 1.5, some people have said this and i saw on recommendations once for camber on a site, what do you guys think?

NoBottleJustThrottle 03-29-2002 02:22 AM

i have always said...no matter how big or little the amount of drop, always put a camber kit with it. Its always nice to have on hand if you decide that you want to put your ride a little lower. I would spend the extra $40 or whatever it is, and get it.

netcbc 03-29-2002 02:36 AM

way more then $40 yo!!! $185!!! :eek::eek:

emmagatorone 03-29-2002 02:46 AM

You got my PM man! Do what you want to do! It's your money. Good luck!

Mbow 03-29-2002 02:46 AM

You can get them off the group buy center right now for 40 front and 125 rear. I definately think you will need them for the rear at over 1 1/2. I would think that a 1in would be the only way to avoid all the mess that comes with lowering a car. Although, you can't really even tell anythings changed.

JBlazeVA 03-29-2002 06:05 AM

how about stock ride height for daily driving....slam it all the way down at shows....

Crashoveride 03-29-2002 06:08 AM

Just as a side note man, if you pick up the new April issue of Super Street mag there is some good articles on all that stuff, I didnt know a whole lot of difference between Camber and Caster untill I read that, but I dont know alot about the suspension stuff yet. If anyone wants PM me cause I think I will scan the artices in and post them up for a little light reading.

Hope This helps

Later

iamboo 03-29-2002 10:24 AM

camber is cool but heres another suggestion.... rotate your tires like you're supposed to...

netcbc 03-29-2002 01:55 PM

ok i see, hmm....... sounds like i don't need them quite yet from the responses i got, cause camber and blah blah shipping to canada comes out to $185, i can get a lip with that price!! so just checking if its necessary, you know how like bypass valve is sorta just "security" for CAI but not really needed, thats what i'm asking if camber is like?? going 1.5 so hmmm do i need it? maybe not

trevor 03-29-2002 03:08 PM

I dropped mine 1.3.............when I got my allignment done after the drop it my camber was still off by like 1 degree or something.......not very much.......
any more drop than 1.3 and your probably pushin it........thats why I went 1.3........dint want to deal w/ the B.S............Personally, I would.....and def. rotate tires every 3,000MI.........your tires will last forever...
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

Bartkat 03-30-2002 09:51 PM

Best thing to do is put on your springs, etc. Then run down to the tire store and have the alignment checked. If it can't be adjusted to spec, you need the camber kit(s). If it's ok, then you don't.

I only dropped mine an inch with Eibach Pro Kit and it stayed in alingment.

Essa 03-30-2002 10:23 PM

No, you don't need the front camber kit. IMO, you don't even need the rear camber kit, because it still fall within reasonable range. Unless you want it to be perfectly at 0 deg.

2cute 03-30-2002 10:41 PM

I have my car dropped 1.5 and my camber is fine. You can slam your car to the ground and you will not camber the front. My boy is sitting on Nex coilovers and has his car sitting on the ground there is no camber on the front. As far as your car dropping it 1.5 won't throw the camber off on the rear you will be fine but for sure get an alignment.

netcbc 03-30-2002 11:06 PM

I see, ok thanks for the posts, so do you need to do alignment right after dropping?

Machina 03-30-2002 11:18 PM

after you drop it go for a drive and take your hands off the wheel...if it starts drifting off center then go for an alignment...if it doesn't, then don't...:tup: