Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   underbody neons breaking (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/29799-underbody-neons-breaking.html)

moose87 03-27-2002 08:21 PM

underbody neons breaking

i wanna get one of those underbody neon kits, but the roads around my place totally suck. i hear the lights break easily. are there any brands that are pretty durable?

tsunamisplash 03-27-2002 08:29 PM

99% of the underbody neons available are hosued in lexan tubing.. so if you wanna get underbody neons, they're all gonna be pretty much the same.

crazyjetskier 03-27-2002 09:03 PM

street glow gold series is what i have they havent broke yet! cept my old ones were this cheap as*S ones and they broke when this guy put a hammer to it and jacked them off my car but anyway yea street glow gold series is 2 :tup::tup::)

AEMcivic 03-27-2002 09:19 PM

I agree with crazy j.
I've had the gold series for 7 months now, and I've only broken 1 tube.(the front one)
It was my fault though because I was trying to hurry through traffic to get into a parking lot, and I wasn't thinking about the incline.....needless to say, my front end bottomed out, my cd player skipped, and my front tube broke.
The only way you'll break a tube is if it hits something really hard and just right.

iceman 03-27-2002 09:27 PM

is it true street glow has a life time warranty or some ish like that

Crash2002 03-27-2002 09:37 PM

the street glow gold series has a life time warrenty only if the lexan tubing doesnt break, i have the Gold series Neon underbody kit from street glow and the only one i have had problems with was the front one, i hit a pretty big dip, but the only thing that happened was the mounting brackets broke so i have to hold it on with a zip tie now, i say go for the street glow gold series

OUTLAW 03-27-2002 09:41 PM

I would only get Street Glow, but that is my main concern, the breakage.

Mokushi 03-27-2002 09:55 PM

I got the LiteGlow Professional Series and they are pretty good. The lexan housing is thick as a mofo. I don't think I'll be breaking them any time soon...

SLeePeR012 03-27-2002 11:28 PM

I have gold series and the front and back ones broke...
Front one was cuz I hit up a nasty polehole and the back one's outer glass is cracked a lil... tha's warrenty.
I have a question,
Where did u guys put ur transformers, any real good spots?

BLUENVY01 03-28-2002 02:19 AM

besides which one is more durable, any one come to a conclusion about which one is brighter??? thats my main concern...

crazyjetskier 03-28-2002 05:22 AM

the trans former mines behind the gas tank sorta, kinda hard to explain but yea i drive on gravel everyday and those suckers havent broke yet, but just dont get any cheap lights if they are street glow or liteglow, dont get it. what colors do everyone have?

Mokushi 03-28-2002 09:46 AM

My liteglows have the transformer built into the tubes, so I didn't have to worry about placement of those. btw, i got blue... It's pretty damn bright too...

StreetHeat 03-28-2002 02:42 PM

I got Street Glow and It broke about 2 months after, a real pain in the a@@, you have to be so careful with them on, I would not reccommend anyone getting them!

2k1SINCE00 05-03-2002 04:52 PM

Someone needs to do a DIY on installing these things, it aint easy, and for the best look you'd need to drill some holes in your floor.

VTECnique 05-03-2002 07:40 PM

i got liteglow...and they suck. i broke a filament (not the tube) just by a simple pothole. Besides that, the distribution box keeps blowing fuses on me!