Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Suspension performance only...not engine. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/29222-suspension-performance-only-not-engine.html)

Silvic02 03-23-2002 05:18 PM

Suspension performance only...not engine.

I am only interested in suspension improvements for better handling, especially in hard cornering.:) What are the recommended mods for this?

I am considering three things so far:
1) front upper strut bar and rear lower. (don't want to cut carpeting for rear upper) Is there a front lower?
2) Eibach prokit for a 1in drop. Will this help, or is it more for looks? (don't want more than 1in drop btw)
3) 215/45r17 tires.

What else should I consider? (Keep in mind, I don't want anything too dramatic that will make everyday driving a pain):cry:

mohawkboom 03-23-2002 06:56 PM

well Strut bar, eurothane bushings for your front sway bar.. Better springs.. Koni yellow shocks...rims..

CHeers
Mohawk

NoBottleJustThrottle 03-23-2002 08:40 PM

you will probably see the biggest improvement with suspension with a good set of sway bars. I am waiting for Suspension Techniques to come out with their bars for our car. There bars are by far the best sway bars on the market. They will make you car near flat through hard turns.

drbombay 03-23-2002 08:54 PM

wheels and tires will make the biggest difference

mohawkboom 03-23-2002 08:54 PM

Biggest suspension difference is new tires [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG].. 17" Rims with good tires it the biggest single improvement....then come Sway bars, then springs, then shocks. by them Strut bars will be needed [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

netranger 03-23-2002 09:14 PM

Get the lightest rims possible or it will handle like a truck, you have to be careful that your new rims don't outweigh the stock ones or there will be zero improvement. Weigh your rims with rubber and without and then go shopping. 17 inch looks great but a super light 16 will be a vast improvement.

anibal 03-23-2002 09:45 PM

For springs, I always say you can go up to 1.5" for performance, more than that it's for looks
For wheels, get a set of Volk Racing TE37 or Spoon Sports SW388:)
I think the rear strut bar can be installed without cutting the carpet, it can pass below it, but you need to ask someone who has one....

ASWZero 03-23-2002 11:41 PM

Is anyone looking for some tires? I got brand new 215/45/17 Kumhos for sale. I have the nex suspension and fr/rr strut bars are definately needed. New sway bays would help. Why does the rear strut bar have to be the same for the RSX and our cars? My rear strut is on backorder for almost a month already. Anyone looking for NEX coilovers? My car is nice and everything, but I don't like making the monthly payments. I'd rather be using that money on rent. How does $600 sound for full coilovers? If you like anything I have email me. Sorry none of the stereo equipment is for sale. I'm gonna miss my car [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

cvc2k2 03-23-2002 11:47 PM

i've heard some bad reviews about the NEX suspension. But for the strut bars... i tried out the OBX and i felt a big improvement. i am waiting for the STrut bars without PIVOT JOINTS like the neuspeed. but at the moment.. it is still under development. I currently have the H&R sport springs and they work great. the ride is like stock.. and with the strut bars.. it handles like a champ. btw.. i have a USED front upper strut bar by OBX and a NEW obx rear lower strut bar for sale. both are the GX series which are the DC sports knock offs. $40 for both plus shipping. shipping is around... $15. thanks