Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Does n e one have a nitrous dry kit on there cars!!!!???? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/28941-does-n-e-one-have-nitrous-dry-kit-there-cars.html)

kano8016 03-21-2002 02:52 PM

Does n e one have a nitrous dry kit on there cars!!!!????

i need to know cause im getting confused so many stores are telling me to go dry and only one store tells me to go wet what the heck am i supposed to believe?>?? I need to know asap on what nitrous system to get that is gonna ok for our cars???

delacampos 03-21-2002 03:01 PM

go with a wet kit. if you want to use a dry kit, the venom kit is the ONLY dry kit that will work. Zex and NOS 5122 will NOT work.

02CarbonCivic 03-21-2002 03:25 PM

There is a DIY in Tech under DIY Mega Thread that shows the Nitrous Express Kit install.... and I also thought all that there was for our cars was dry kits I didnt know we could go wet for some reason I dont know cause I'm not a tech person

Sampsonite 03-21-2002 04:10 PM

someone, can't remember who, said they were runnin a dry 75 shot and pretty much killed their engine after the second shot. Listen to delacampos

BLUENVY01 03-21-2002 05:22 PM

DELACAMPOS....im not tryin to hate on u, but it doesnt sound like u know what ur talkin about? wet kits are the ones mixed into the gas... dry kits are the ones that spray into ur intake... most of the kits available for our car, i believe are DRY KITS...and yes, DRY KITS are safer to use on our engines. meaning they are better too.

CIVIC808 03-21-2002 06:49 PM

<< DELACAMPOS....im not tryin to hate on u, but it doesnt sound like u know what ur talkin about? >>

everyone thats been here awhile knows that delacampos has lots of knowledge about n2o.
the wet kit we use does mix with gas and also sprays into your intake.

<< DRY KITS are safer to use on our engines. meaning they are better too. >>

can you explain how they are safer.

NoBottleJustThrottle 03-21-2002 07:22 PM

maybe not safer, but better on the engine then a wet kit...or atleast thats what the NOS company said for 4 bangers

aZnVoYCe 03-21-2002 08:44 PM

People that doesn't know about N20 should read the FAQ. Very very helpful. :) :tup:

Red2k3Civic 05-10-2002 05:51 PM

Jesus BLUENVY01, dont be a moron. a wit kit is 10x safer than a dry kit because w/ a wet kit you are using a fuel solenoid & jet to regulate the fuel that goes into the intake manifold, pretty much foolproof (pretty much). but with a dry kit u are depending on the vacuum pressure and the fuel pressure regulator to send more fuel to the intake manifold when you hit the button, not worth the risk.

delacampos 05-10-2002 06:25 PM

<< DELACAMPOS....im not tryin to hate on u, but it doesnt sound like u know what ur talkin about? wet kits are the ones mixed into the gas... dry kits are the ones that spray into ur intake... most of the kits available for our car, i believe are DRY KITS...and yes, DRY KITS are safer to use on our engines. meaning they are better too. >>

haha... i never saw this post until now.

Red2k3Civic 05-10-2002 07:21 PM

funny stuff aint it delacampos?
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

BlueIce2001 05-10-2002 11:49 PM

Go with a wet kit
With a dry kit there a posibility that the car's ecu wont be able to compisate with more fuel (returnless fuel system)
with a wet kit is also sprays fuel so you dont have to worry about your car's ecu not being able to put out adequate fuel

correct me if im wrong guys

Red2k3Civic 05-11-2002 09:52 AM

your not wrong...wet kit is always the way to go (IMO), but definately the way to go with our cars. So right on, have a good afternoon! :)

MyCivic 05-11-2002 09:55 AM

Speaking of VENOM[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I have one and I am on my third bottle now and no problemos, I have the V1000 and I feel pretty safe bout that[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]