Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Intake SRI or CAI ??? Please help (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/28909-intake-sri-cai-please-help.html)

zlander 03-21-2002 10:43 AM

Intake SRI or CAI ??? Please help

I have an EX auto. I heard AEM dont make CAI for auto. Do you guys know if SRI will gain some HPs?
Does anyone run a dyno test for SRI and CAI?

Thanks

RSXtypeIvtec 03-21-2002 10:47 AM

people say it has gain some HP's but doubt anyone ran dynos on them

Vizyun 03-21-2002 10:48 AM

AEM doesn't make a CAI for the automatic; Injen does however. The SRI doesn't perform as well, but I don't know if the difference is noticeable when driving. It should be just a Dino thing.

antidote11 03-21-2002 10:53 AM

Before I got rid of my Civic, I had tried both the AEM SRI and the Injen
CAI in my auto.....and to be honest, I don't think either did a damn thing !! :susp:

Hence, why I decided to trade my car in.....it was very sad, but I couldn't get any performance out of the car !!

02CarbonCivic 03-21-2002 10:59 AM

Whats wrong with this picture.... oh yes nobody has told him to do this yet.................. SEARCH!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Jon 03-21-2002 11:51 AM

AEM didn't make a cai for the auto because it wasn't going to be a substantial increase in power unlike in the 5-speed version of our car (claims like 10 hp increase, so they say). so pretty much, cai always makes a little more hp than sri, but since you have an automatic the difference will probably be less noticeable.

Mokushi 03-21-2002 12:29 PM

Plus the AEM CAI will not fit onto autos without some diy modding. For the AEM CAI you need to unbolt a transmission bolt from the chassis and slip on the provided mounting bracket. Since the auto tranny layout is somewhat different, there is no way to attach the mounting bracket... If you want a CAI, just get the injen for like $175 from ptuning.com. Or you could go on eBay and get the Importech (Nakayama) CAI for like $60 and tell us how it is....

zlander 03-21-2002 12:43 PM

<< Before I got rid of my Civic, I had tried both the AEM SRI and the Injen
CAI in my auto.....and to be honest, I don't think either did a damn thing !! :susp:

Hence, why I decided to trade my car in.....it was very sad, but I couldn't get any performance out of the car !!
>>

What do you think about K&N direct replacement filter?

zlander 03-21-2002 12:45 PM

What do you think about K&N direct replacement filter? has anybody tested it out yet?

klam 03-21-2002 01:04 PM

Is there one of those K&N drop-in filters for our cars? I thought there wasn't??

PICHY 03-21-2002 02:14 PM

I got the AEM cold air intake in my automatic...

zlander 03-21-2002 06:45 PM

<< I got the AEM cold air intake in my automatic... >>

How is it??? Any HPs gain?

SugarRay 03-21-2002 07:04 PM

I have the Injen CAI for my auto.

Wouldn't know if it actually gained HP as I haven't dynoed it.

It feels like I gained some extra power, but that could be all mental because I dropped 2 bills on it, and it would make me happy just knowning it added something. Also I have been driving it harder now because of the sound. Does it actually give me more power? Don't know, factually but mentally it has.

Whatever that means...

Ray

PICHY 03-23-2002 02:07 AM

zlander
About hp i cannot tell u i have to see dyno 4 that but i can tell u that sounds really good and from i can feel from stock to AEM the car takes off better...:tup:

ALLMAN 03-23-2002 09:01 PM

there is plenty of info on this topic...search please!!!