Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   help us out: post complete suspension work here, thanks (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/28785-help-us-out-post-complete-suspension-work-here-thanks.html)

rowdyb7 03-20-2002 04:54 PM

help us out: post complete suspension work here, thanks

hey guys
could you do all of us with a stock suspension a favor. If you could post in this all conclusive thread:
1. your car trim

2. what wheel size and tire size

3. your springs name, amount of drop, price, where you bought them, and your opinion w/ or w/o new shocks, If you dont have new springs, how have your factory shocks been, any blown etc.

4.your shocks, price, where you bought them, your comments on them

5. all other parts it took to complete the installation

6. how much was the labor.

7. total cost for all

I just wanted to know who has upgraded in the suspension area. And if you recomend your setup or dont.

Thanks in advance to all that post, Ive done research so dont ask me to search, thanks.

Brandon

choonz703 03-20-2002 07:01 PM

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] *bzzzt* calling pimpdakota, calling pimpdakota. over *bzzzt* [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

wh3nw0rdsesc4pe 03-20-2002 07:16 PM

is that a noob throwing down a member?? EEK, watch out!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]:susp::susp::tup:

rowdyb7 03-20-2002 07:33 PM

sorry but im not a noob and i know lots about suspension; however, i want to consoladate the fragmented responces and have them in one place to make it easier to compare our options. If everytime someone wants to know something here someone else has a smart-ass remark then nothin up to date will get posted and all the current posts will mostly fall under general rambling. Its not that much fun to sit here and read old posts, maybe things have changed, new products, poor long term effects, etc... It would be nice when ppl ask questions that arent stupid that only serious ppl would respond. This site was built to supply new and current information, not smart ass comments. I have been on this site for nearly a year almost everyday. I use the search function alot. sometimes people are interested in something and dont want to hear what someone said in january but what they say now. Plus the prices on products always change so i wanted to find current prices and places to buy.

wh3nw0rdsesc4pe 03-21-2002 01:17 PM

no not you, choonz703.....all i have is springs though sorry couldn't help man...

htowncivicEX 03-21-2002 01:30 PM

rowdyb7

1. 01 EX

2. 17" Tecnomagnesio Sport wheels, 205/40/17 Yokohama AVID H4 tires

3. Ground control coilovers, almost 2" drop in the front, 1.75" drop in the rear - $339 direct from Ground Control (not including shipping)

4. Koni yellow adjustable struts - $299.60 for 2 fronts, $277.20 for 2 rears (not include shipping)

5. Ingalls front + rear camber kits. Not sure what I paid for these, probably around $100-150 total

6. Labor was done by Hocus Pocus Autodynamics - $220 total to installl everything

Overall I'm quite happy with my setup. The ride is considerably stiffer than stock, but my car handles GREAT and I can zoom around those curved freeway entrance ramps at 70-80 mph while SUVs and trucks are trying not to fall over doing 50 mph.

NoBottleJustThrottle 03-21-2002 02:44 PM

1. 2-door EX 5-speed

2. very very soon to be....TenzoR AV7 rims, with yokohama A520's 205/40

3. NEX full coilover set-up. $1000 (got a deal on them), 2inch drop (guess), its hard to explain how crazy these coilovers are!! They are so awsome, my friend has a 2000 Honda Prelude (rated one of the best handling cars under 30grand) and i run circles around him on the twisty roads. He couldnt keep up if his life depended on it. The ride is pretty stiff, but not so much that you will dred driving you car. I HIGHLY recomend these. It cost $250 to have them installed. $40 for the allignment. $20 for the front amber kit (eibach).

4.All in the NEX setup

5. dont know the actual parts needed to install, but its not like you have to modify your car at all to make them fit

6. look at end of question 3

7. $1310 (there about, just remember you pay for what you get in this hobby...thats what i think of when im takin a fish hook turn at 70mph!!)

rowdyb7 03-21-2002 05:27 PM

thanks for these replies, this is helping out a lot

brandon