Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   lower or kit or performance1st? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/28604-lower-kit-performance1st.html)

iamboo 03-19-2002 04:45 PM

lower or kit or performance1st?

i'm confused as to what to do to my ride.... should i lower my car then get a kit then mod up my engine or should i get my kit first then lower then mod up or should i mod up my engine then go show ??:cry::cry:i'm confused cause if i lower my car first and then get a kit i would think there would be height clearance problems..... if i got my engine mods the only real upgrade that'll be a problem is the exhaust clearance and the hanger clearance i don't wanna deal with that after i get my kit put on... i dunno... i'll do whichever order gets the most responses..... thanx guys... and btw.. i did try searching for this... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Jon 03-19-2002 04:52 PM

i put on my body kit first, but dammit, if I had to do it all over again, I would have definitely done engine mods first--->i have the insatiable need for speed.

If speed is you're thing, then you know what to do

on the other hand, looks are important to you-->go with the kit and droppage

avenger 03-19-2002 04:53 PM

go, then show [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

h2k1ex 03-19-2002 05:10 PM

OK, I´ve been thinking of this for some time now, and I have decided that our cars are not made for go... in a straight line, I´m probably not getting any engine mods, but I will soon be getting wheels, tires, coilovers, and shocks. All of the riceboys will stare in awe as I take turns at great speeds and smoke them :eek:
Who would consider this also?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Sampsonite 03-19-2002 05:20 PM

I would put off the performance end of it for now. Wait until there are more mods out there(hopefully) and more knowledge on how to HP out of our engines. Just my two cents.

TaiChi 03-19-2002 05:26 PM

Okay...I got 3 of them...and if i have to put all those on again on my car, I'll do it this way...
muffler, intake, springs, rims, kit, etc etc..
when u put on a kit without rims, it looks ugly..
when u put on a kit with rims but without springs, it looks ugly...
but when u put on spings without rims and kit, it looks okay.
so u want springs b4 rims and kit.

Illmatic 03-19-2002 05:33 PM

I will be doing "show" mods first; wheels, complete suspension setup, maybe a body kit. I'd rather wait with "go" mods for two primary reasons. One, the car is brand new and there's a brand spankin new warranty on it that would get shot to sh!t if you modified your engine (unless your dealer's ok with that) and two, I'd rather wait to see which products prove to excel over the competition.

pogi2k1ex 03-19-2002 05:41 PM

GO BEFORE SHOW...

:tup:

FlexEX 03-19-2002 05:44 PM

Suspension before all else! before you make the car go faster, make sure it can handle the speed that it goes now. Id say get coilovers, struts, rims and tires first. :tup: in that order, too

ES8 03-19-2002 08:08 PM

1) Brake pad / disc !!!!!!!!!
2) Supsension
3) Performance

JSWhaler 03-19-2002 08:19 PM

I think after the first small items, go with something expensive such as wheels. Wheels will provide a huge advantage over the stock wheels and will be more fun to drive. That way it seems like everything else is cheep. This way you won't feel so bad when you realize how much money you've sank into your ride. But hey, it's also fun putting on so many mods = our own personal creation.

GeNoZiDe 03-21-2002 12:20 PM

performance parts for this car aint worth the cash yet [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
no matter how much cash u pump in your car aint gonna go that fast
so go with suspension! if u get coil overs u could raise ur car back up for the kit!
thats wha i did n e ways :) WOOOOOO FAST CORNERIN ROCKS!!
then when the partz do come out ur car will already have the lookz

Vizyun 03-21-2002 12:30 PM

Definitely show first, then go. After all, the amount of aftermarket show parts for the civic may be marginal, but performance parts are next to nonexistent. Personally, I'm waiting a couple of years for the K20C swap to be more feasible (and to give a couple of people the opportunity to FR@G it up first), and I'm not going to drive around LOOKING stock until then. Get your suspension and rims right first, then your body mods and paint. At least then your ride will LOOK different. By the time you get all that straight, there *SHOULD* be more options for performance for the 7th gen. I'm estimating at least 3 years before the K20C swap is feasible, let alone anywhere near affordable. Until then, I'll at least turn some heads, even if they are watching me cruise by instead of getting whiplash and wondering what the fr@g I was driving. Just my interpretation, but Idunno: YOU be the judge.:tup: