Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Say NO to fiberglass! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/28556-say-no-fiberglass.html)

FlexEX 03-19-2002 12:25 PM

Say NO to fiberglass

Look peeps, I bought a fiberglass kit for my sedan last october because it was the only good kit that i could find. One of the sideskirt was broken during shipping, then my rear skirt got tore into three peices bu roadkill and finally my chinspoiler, got finished by two people(i wont say what gender, but im sure we can all guess) that i let drive my car. the first person hit a really big bump going about 55 mph. that cracked it. it was ugly but the chinspoiled stayed on my car. the second person drove into a parking block crushing the chinspoiler like paper into like four pieces.:cry:

it seems to me that parts that go the bottom of your car should be able to handle a little abuse. from now on i only buy polyurethane body kits!!! look at what happened to Mokushi. Save yourself the heartache and SAY NO TO FIBERGLASS!!!:shake:

Jochij 03-19-2002 12:27 PM

too bad u had to learn about fiberglass bodykits that way but at least now u know to go with urethane kits.

antidote11 03-19-2002 12:51 PM

No Sh it......that sucks dude....but yeh, Never do fiberglass anything, fiberglass
sucks and can't withstand any pressure or force.

mykel115 03-19-2002 01:00 PM

do kaminari Kits use fiber glass? I heard they do. too bad I really want those kit

HeartbreakkiD 03-19-2002 01:05 PM

my god!!!:eek::eek:
i just ordered the octane kit..i think that is high quality fiberglass....that said by the store in california.....
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] so ...............?? should i go ahead or cancelled the kits???

Unleaded 03-19-2002 01:13 PM

<< high quality fiberglass.... >>

oxy-moran

Jon 03-19-2002 01:24 PM

First off, Kaminari is urethane (NOT fiberglass) and anything urethane is the way to go :tup:

This is from personal experience--&gt;I got xenon sides and rear (urethane) which was no problem but I purchased the Erebuni shogun front bumper (fiberglass) and that P.O.S. put me under $350. Pebbles or hard little objects that hit fiberglass will crack it, dent it, and f*** it up in general. In my university parking garage there is a steep incline and the pavement pushed my front bumper up into the headlights and several spider cracks in the paint formed. This occurred because fiberglass is definitely not as flexible as urethane and instead of flexing a little that P.O.S. cracked. To date, that was my BIGGEST error in buying something for the civ. I am now very happy with my wings west avenger front bumper (urethane) that DOES fit 4dr's.

Go with URETHANE everybody [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

avenger 03-19-2002 03:47 PM

damm those hermaphrodite drivers!!! they never watch the road... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

djlunatic 03-19-2002 03:53 PM

"damm those hermaphrodite drivers!!! they never watch the road"[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

fiberglass bodykits always destroyed by road kill. its sad.

2k2civicballer 03-19-2002 03:58 PM

and that folks is why i bought the xenon kit.....thank you, and goodnight!

*applause* ......

LOL![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

cheers,
b

WhiteRabbit 03-19-2002 04:08 PM

never had a problem with fiberglass. advantage is its REALLY easy to repair yourself.

if you had a bad experience, that sucks.

im not a bodykit kinda guy tho, so I cant talk about teh build quality of anyting, but as a general rule, companies make some pretty bad products out there, looks like you found one [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

but here [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] make ya feel better =/

pogi2k1ex 03-19-2002 05:53 PM

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]FIBERGLASS:tdown:

Cowboy 03-19-2002 06:31 PM

Urethane is just a fancy name for RUBBER! That is all those kits are.

avenger 03-19-2002 06:36 PM

its all about the oem kit....

ASIANPRIDE 03-19-2002 11:23 PM

I would rather just fork out the 1800+ for the oem kit or any Urethane kit....cuz it will last a hella longer than fibercrap:shake:

Snowman 03-19-2002 11:46 PM

Do most web sites tell you which ones are fiber glass? I want to know because right there is no OEM body kit for the sedan so I have to go aftermarket.

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-20-2002 08:54 AM

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] fiberglass
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] fiberglass

Vizyun 03-20-2002 09:15 AM

Most websites don't give information on what the kits are made of; I actually found out that the Erebuni shogun kit is fiberglass on Nopionline.com. They tell you what each kit is made of. I'm going with the Avenger front fascia. However, does anyone know what the BlackWidow kits will be made of? Has anyone even seen them yet?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

avenger 03-20-2002 09:21 AM

i personally have a bias toward the avenger fascia myself..... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Vizyun 03-20-2002 09:31 AM

Lol, bias, I get it:):eek:[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]:shake::susp:. Damn, responses stating that you get a joke sure make you seem dense. . .[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Diznavis 03-20-2002 03:07 PM

<< I would rather just fork out the 1800+ for the oem kit or any Urethane kit....cuz it will last a hella longer than fibercrap:shake: >>

1800+ for the oem kit[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] its only $717.60 USD from handa-accessories.com, even in canadian $$$ thats gotta be way high

AJ 03-20-2002 08:51 PM

That is way I don't have a kit on yet my city sucks to drive in and I would get hit.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

netcbc 03-21-2002 02:41 AM

what about spoilers??????

Vizyun 03-21-2002 07:25 AM

Spoilers. . .as far as fiberglass or whatever? I really haven't thought about it. . .I'm getting the APR performance aluminum mini-drag (just the rice combination of style and profile)[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

ASIANPRIDE 03-21-2002 05:37 PM

Canadian Prices On OEM Kit for 4dr

Front Skirt (Value $495.11)
Rear Skirt (Value $590.22)
Side Skirt (Value $627.72)
Total=1713.05
Total +GST=1832.96 [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

So I was to low....trust dude...I wouldn't lie about that crap...cuz well I wish I could be the truth hurts.....:cry:

PICHY 03-21-2002 07:14 PM

Look lets be real. If u want a really good looking kit get fiberglass!!! But remember that u are driving an egg, u fall u crack big time. And ur car will be inside the shop more than on the street. I used to have a 94 Mitsubishi Galant with a nasty fiberglass kit i was dropped big time 1" off the ground to be exact. I never hit the ground u just have to drive very carefully with this stuff. Another thing is that most people dont give a damm about your car or what u got so they feel free to back theyr car in to ur bumper trying to park theyr car causing the bumper to fall off the car with a big crack showing where they hit. So u come out of work go to the parkinglot and u find ur fiberglass bumper on the floor.:eek:[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]:cry:. So what do you do? You call all the gods down from the sky im anger[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] What the f@#k happened here!!!!!!!??????????? Sorry guys i dont want to get in to it but thats what happened to me and for me fiberglass is no more. Urethane kits is the way to go but u will never get the looks of a fiberlass kit. I would post pics of my civic so u guys can see the kit but i cant there is an error when i try to download them. If u want to see them reach me at Labonte385 AOL Instant Messanger ill email u the pics if u want!!
one

XxOLYxX 03-22-2002 02:19 PM

dam that sucks dude

PICHY 03-23-2002 09:37 AM

yes sir it does

speedracersong 03-24-2002 01:38 PM

carbon fiber:tup:

Zman 03-24-2002 03:42 PM

Yeah!!!!getting hit and run in the parking lot really sucks....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]