Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Shocks??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/28541-shocks.html)

raoh 03-19-2002 10:41 AM

Shocks???

I'm getting Eibach Sportlines which lower my ride about an inch and a half, but the ride is pretty rough as it is in my friends SI w/ the same springs.
I'm wondering should i get shocks, or if shocks can imporve the ride, and if so which ones.

01civicboi 03-19-2002 10:46 AM

yes shocks would be nice if you have the funds for it. more importantly, a camber kit would be at the top of your suspension list if ur going with the sportlines:tup:

Colombian4Lyf 03-19-2002 10:53 AM

I have been shopping for shocks but not sure which ones to go with, they all claim to be good, I had tokicos on my accord last year and the ride was still rough. The civic body is much smaller, but I want to be sure I get a set that is worth the money[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Ronin 03-19-2002 10:55 AM

Heard from lots of people on this site that the Konis are the best for our cars. I'm looking to get some too... but they are kinda steep in terms of cost.

rickinthescv 03-19-2002 11:04 AM

I ran the Sportlines and am really happy with them. A bit stiffer, but nothing too bad. The camber kit is a must have, both front and rear.

The one thing I am waiting for is a set of struts (not just cartridges like the Konis). I have heard the Tokicos will be out sooner. But basically you will find that the stock struts just plain lag and anything you can do will be better. But they will work okay for a while.

Ronin 03-19-2002 11:09 AM

Since the Tokicos are a complete strut, I'm guessing that they will cost a lot more than the Konis, which come only as cartridges.

What's the best price anybody's found for the Konis?
Any idea how much the Tokicos will be when they come out?

ES8 03-19-2002 08:33 PM

D2 RSII (F:9K R:11K) from UK is the best and i have put it on my car.....but only work from -5c - 60c....:shake::shake::shake:

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] 008s.jpg (26 Kb)

jimmymingdahai 03-19-2002 11:32 PM

clean ride ES8..it's lookin' great!

I'm still to this import game..what is camber kit? Does it include shocks?
BTW I got the 1.5 inch drop with eibach on my civic..a friend told me that the factory shock is gonna go out soon if I don't change it to other shocks..is it true?

Thanks..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

iamboo 03-20-2002 12:38 AM

are any other companies planning to make shocks for our cars other than koni and tokico ??!? koni is too friggin expensive it's like 2 bills a shock!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Vizyun 03-20-2002 09:46 AM

I'm going all out and just waiting for the tokicos. . .[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]