Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   DASH KIT (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/28417-dash-kit.html)

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-18-2002 11:02 AM

DASH KIT

Has anyone ordered the dash kit from thecivicsuperstore.com. I don't know how to link it. It says on the website that they have the factory color silver. Is it the exact same color as the factory. If it is does anyone have pics:eek::eek:

myexownsyou 03-18-2002 11:14 AM

link it because im on http://www.civicsuperstore.com right now and dont see any dash kits

Crashoveride 03-18-2002 12:35 PM

Me either.............[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

emmagatorone 03-18-2002 12:36 PM

You can find it here.

Bartkat 03-18-2002 01:02 PM

I got the carbon fiber kit from H and A and it looks just like the trim I saw in a new Prelude I looked at.

Jon 03-18-2002 01:33 PM

Hey Bartkat, did you get both the carbon fiber look dash and console kit from H and A?? Did you look all over for cheap prices for the kit(s) and H&A was the least expensive or did you just settle for their prices?

Bartkat 03-18-2002 02:46 PM

I got both the console and dash kits from H and A. I wanted the OEM stuff. I don't think there is much difference in the prices, but if you want more than what they sell and want it all to match, then go with one of the other companies that sells kits with more pieces.

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-19-2002 06:11 AM

Here is the site. Still trying to link it. http://thecivicstore.com/Merchant2/7thgen.htm

JumpingBean 03-26-2002 09:25 AM

I just got finished painting some of my trim peices the factory color. My buddy works at a body shop. They came out good. Ill take pics soon and upload them.

JumpingBean 03-27-2002 07:54 AM

Here are pics. Im trying to decide what I want to paint next inside.

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] trim1.jpg (48 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] trim2.jpg (31 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] trim3.jpg (46 Kb)

DarkCivic 03-27-2002 11:43 AM

Hey Jumpingbean- that looks good man. I've seen some self-painted trima nd it doesn't usually look as good as yours does. How did you prep for it? Did you use primer?

JumpingBean 03-27-2002 01:12 PM

We used a white sealer. Then we did 3 light coats of the factory silver. Then we went over them with 2 light coats of clear coat to shine it up. So basically its painted like a car would be. It turned out really good.

JSWhaler 03-27-2002 01:31 PM

JumpinBean- nice job on that painting, is that factory silver exactly the same as the original, even though it says so did it really come out looking the same? I'm interested in paiting my inside door handles. What is the specific factory silver color? I have the OEM carbon dash and I like it.

JumpingBean 03-27-2002 01:35 PM

yeah we took the code from the drivers side door and mixed it at the body shop where my buddy works. Its the factory silver color. Its really hard to see that detail in the pics, but looks just like the outside of my car.

UncleB 03-27-2002 01:41 PM

That's a good idea. I am thinking about painting mine a glossy black. they are already black, but glossy would look cool I think.

JSWhaler 03-27-2002 06:57 PM

thats pretty sweet

Mbow 03-27-2002 07:03 PM

I want the cf trim myself. HandA only sells the console kit for the auto. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I am a little hesitate to buy from an aftermarket company.

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-28-2002 06:08 AM

Hey JumpingBean did you have to remove the pieces and if so how long did it take to do that. I was planning on doing that but I don't want to break anything. That's why I wanted a dash kit already painted. Does anybody from Houston know of a place where I can get the trim pieces painted the factory color[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

JumpingBean 03-28-2002 06:42 AM

Yeah I took out all the pieces. You just have to be careful taking them out. It took about an hour to get everything out that I paint.

Bartkat 03-28-2002 06:59 AM

<< I want the cf trim myself. HandA only sells the console kit for the auto. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I am a little hesitate to buy from an aftermarket company. >>

I got the console kit (2 pc) and the dash center and A/C vent kit from HandA.

Deputyd 04-01-2002 06:37 PM

SHizzLe.... that is wun fyne paint job !!!

i should have thought of dat before i went out to buy mine:cry:

way 2 Go :tup:

Mbow 04-01-2002 06:58 PM

<<

<< I want the cf trim myself. HandA only sells the console kit for the auto. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I am a little hesitate to buy from an aftermarket company. >>

I got the console kit (2 pc) and the dash center and A/C vent kit from HandA.
>>

Do you have an auto? I have only seen the console kit for the auto from H&A.

JSWhaler 04-01-2002 07:38 PM

I've got the OEM carbon fiber dash which also covers the air vents. Looks pretty nice, but it would be cool to add highlights especially around the door handles with the stock silver trim.