Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   tyc projectors (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/27776-tyc-projectors.html)

Zolutar 03-12-2002 11:22 PM

tyc projectors

ok heres the deal,

I have decided to get these projectors, now which one of the 3 do i choose?
I have a silver coupe, my choices in order
1 brushed silver
2 black
3 chrome

opinions?

and by the way all 3 are NOW available

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] tychl01civic.jpg (11 Kb)

marker126 03-12-2002 11:42 PM

I'd go with the silver.....:)

slikor 03-13-2002 06:54 AM

well, the chrome would probly be nice on your car...but its gonna be harder to find since its not really out yet as far as i know (although you might be able to find a pair on eBay or something). given that, i'd say silver would be best--unless you like the whole 'smoked-lights-on-silver-car' type of scheme:)

i have an EBP coupe and i think i wanna get black when i get those

Voiceofid 03-13-2002 07:18 AM

i would only recommend the black ones to cars that are planning to have black or already have black. it fits very well with nighthawk black pearl color. it makes it seem as if the lights were part of the car!:tup:

CivicVTec 03-13-2002 07:40 AM

black

Vortex 03-13-2002 07:58 AM

I'm buying the black ones eventually, but I have a black Civic. I'd get the silver if I were you.

Vor

SQCivic 03-13-2002 07:59 AM

Has anyone been able to find any pics of these projectors on a silver coupe? (chrome or silver)

Grey 03-13-2002 08:25 AM

I reccomend getting the black ones and taking them apart and painting them SSM. The brushed silver color will mis-match with our Satin Silver Metallic Color. That's what I'm doing, !@#$. ::in the voice of the barber from Coming to America:: [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

VTECpnay01 03-13-2002 10:41 AM

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] i got the black housing ones onmy white civic, and they look mean!! soo... juss cuz i have the black ones... get the balck ones... I honestly think the chrome ones are already played out... BUT!! thats just mee!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

onE 03-13-2002 12:48 PM

<< [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] i got the black housing ones onmy white civic, and they look mean!! soo... juss cuz i have the black ones... get the balck ones... I honestly think the chrome ones are already played out... BUT!! thats just mee!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] >>

me too! i got a white civic also, and im also planning to get the TYC black ones....coz those projector lights kinda look like the S2000 headlights (except bubblier) and the white s2000s look hella tyte with black housing....
im goin for a mean aggressive look on mah car.... and my cars "eyes" look way too happy rite now...

onE 03-13-2002 01:01 PM

hmm....ok well now im confused too [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] coz i juss saw the chrome ones...and i kno that it'll look definately good on my car... its juss that...from a distance it'll still look stock...then wutz tha point? haha...i got some thinkin to do now.... i think that i'll get a body kit first, then juss match the lights accordingly...

Zolutar 03-13-2002 09:11 PM

I want to go with the silver, but the color match is a concern to me, how close is it?
Black I would like, but with the dark housing it would look like blackouts, BUT it seems to be the trend in OEM housing of other car models these days, S2000, Rustangs, Impala's as a few examples....
Now to throw on a RS grill (removing the RS emblem) between the 3 dark spots on the front end I think it would look real Mean[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
anyone have a pic with a silver or white civic with the black projectors online to see?

Thanks guys!

joe 03-13-2002 10:47 PM

id say go with chrome or silver. it blends in better with the car. :)

uicmedruss 03-13-2002 10:54 PM

I'd deffinately go with chrome...yeah, you may think they look like stock from a distance, but the light output pattern will be completely different, which will really set them apart...I think there is a reason the stock lights are chrome...it's cause it looks really damn cool on a silver car!

Flash6009 03-14-2002 12:07 AM

i have a silver civic with black lights, mesh black grill upper and bottom, black rims....just got my rims...put on the grills and lights on monday....my car looks badass...it looks mean and the race look...even we run the 1/4 in 20 seconds...hahaha