Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Who here has TYC 2dr Alteza's (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/27765-who-here-has-tyc-2dr-altezas.html)

Ben 03-12-2002 09:34 PM

Who here has TYC 2dr Alteza's

just wondering cause i got some and installed them today. they look ok but the idiots used WHITE caulk and on the outside seem and it kinda stands out and looks funny. Maybe it will look ok during the day i just did them tonight. i didn't want the apc brand cause they have that black ring around there's and my car is silver. So anyways whomever else has the lights what do yours look like? thanx

2Hondaz 03-12-2002 11:43 PM

I have them, and mine look the same. I get alot of compliments on them, especially in comparison to the other brands which most of my friends have seen, or actually own. IMHO they look sweet, and a little nicer than the other types that are available as of yet.

Ben 03-13-2002 09:50 AM

yeah i love mine and from 10 ft. away and further they r bad ass but the fact that they used whits caulk and not clear is just buggin me cause the whole thing is chrome with that white outline 2 it. just doesn't make sense but i am happy with them. Put up some new pics i'd like to see how they look on red. i should have mine up tonight if i have a chance. the pic thing keeps putting up my old pics even when i pick new ones or delete the old ones or everything i've tried for some reason the last 4 pics won't show what i really pick. anyways thanx for the reply.

windowtint 03-14-2002 09:29 PM

I bought these for the g/f's 01 coupe when they first came out.. had them ordered MONTHS before they were available. Got them back in August? October??? anyhow... had one of the very first pair produced... they have the white caulking in there, but you cant see it... it has a silvery film on top of it (between the caulk and clear plastic) ~ it hides the white trim... I noticed that it was white "bathroom tile sealer" when I seperated the lens housing to paint the chrome trim area body color. ~ and as ya'll know of course... honda used butyl tape to seal the headlight housings.... wtf was that all about... jesus.

~~side note~~ I think TYC uses the white caulk on all their lights... I have an S10 work truck that I replaced the front end on with a S10 blazer front grill/h-light setup about 4 years ago and took the headllights apart to get the orange reflector out... they used the same white sealant then too (TYC also produces most of the 'generic' OEM replacement lighting for the collision industry)

Ben 03-15-2002 12:54 PM

well this is what mine look like.....

Flatlander 03-17-2002 02:35 PM

Man, I have them on my Black coupe and they look great. They look bad A$$ on ben's silver coupe.

SQCivic 03-17-2002 02:50 PM

Ben - looks good. Could you post some pics of the entire rear of the car where we can see both lights and also a pic of how they light up at night.

Thanks!

UNLV2k1CiViC 03-17-2002 03:52 PM

flatlander can u plz post some pics of ur black coupe with the lights? i should be getting my pair on thursday and would like to see a preview

Dizzymofo 03-17-2002 05:42 PM

Hey, where did you guys get those Altezza's, those look GREAT!.. BTW do any of you know where to get quality altezza's for cheap?

icey 03-17-2002 05:44 PM

Hey Ben,
just wanted to say yur car looks great with those lights dude!
Nice job[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

RevHigh 03-17-2002 10:21 PM

<< well this is what mine look like..... >>

whoa! looks great i think! would look good on my taffeta white car :):)