Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Fog Lights (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/26994-fog-lights.html)

Krepoort 03-06-2002 04:46 PM

Fog Lights

Looking for a good set of fog lights. I have a 2002 Eternal Blue Civic Sedan. Gonna have headlights that actually shine blueish, but heard those are horrible in the rain, so I figure I'll get some fog lights and flip those on when the weather gets bad. Seems like the 'popular' choices are the OEM and the PIAA ones, though there seems to be some mixed reviews with the PIAA's. I also heard something about if you didnt get the fogs lights pre-installed, the front bumber is actually different?

The main points I want are

-They have a remote/switch (probably not gonna turn them on unless it rains or something)
-The lens are either blue or clear (clearing my corners as soon as it gets warm out so it would be sorta lame to put in amber fogs)
-They shine a bright white
-They fit in my existing bumber!

What do you all suggest?

Mbow 03-06-2002 05:49 PM

The stock light look great and...... well, stock. The PIAAs will definately be brighter and look better in my opinion. The installation just won't be quite as easy, but nothing difficult.

Intruder 03-06-2002 06:59 PM

Well I have the PIAA Solitaires (oval) in super white. I think you can get them in plasma blue too. Anyways, they fit nicely in the bumper without cutting the lower grille pieces and have anice light to them. They are driving lights, but you could run with them if you just want them for looks. Peace

SatinSilver2k1 03-06-2002 06:59 PM

i'm getting PIAA 1100x's installed on sat...pm me if you want to know more after that...

Daniel420 03-06-2002 08:52 PM

My PIAA 2100x came in... i need to go pick them up at the local shop. They have the Xtreme white bulbs to match my headlights and they are actually fog lights not driving lights like the 002 and 004.

go w/ PIAA. They great... the horror stories are probably because people touched the bulb... try not to do that... the oils on your fingers are disaster. If you manage not to touch then it looks great. I used latex gloves when Installing mine.

Yeah it's true that in the rain, the visibility kinda sucks. (That's why i got the fog lights also)

MikeyBoy 03-06-2002 10:50 PM

I have the OEM fogs. I like the way they look a lot, but I ran into a problem. I changed my headlights to Xenon white, and I can't change the foglights. The fogs are an H11 bulb, and it is impossible to find them. Otherwise, the stock look is nice, and they are pretty bright, for "regular" bulbs. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Krepoort 03-07-2002 03:42 PM

Cool. I'll go check out the PIAA site. Anyone have any pics? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

-Kre

Daniel420 03-07-2002 04:48 PM

well look under "what's new" for the fog lamps i was talking about... they jsut came out and arn't in the regular section.

Krepoort 03-07-2002 05:31 PM

Yep. Found them there. Those look nice. I was wondering if anyone had pics of the fogs on their ride. :)

And did you get my email Daniel420? Sent it to you last night.

-Kre

Daniel420 03-07-2002 06:26 PM

yeah... i got it... (jsut checked) i didn't go home last night so I didn't read/respond then... I'll read it in a sec and reply on my lunch break. (i'm at work)

I went to the place to get the PIAAs that were suppose to be there... they couldn't find them [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I told them that they better have it by tomorrow or I'll start executing people one at a time.

nah, i didn't really say that but I did some hell raising and the manager called PIAA and tehy're getting overnighted to the store. I hope to have them by tomorrow or they'll hate to hear from me.

BTW if y'all wanted to get them it should be around 199... or at least that what I am getting them for from 4Wheel Parts.

(PIAA Distributor)

I'll tell you how it goes.

Krepoort 03-08-2002 07:58 AM

Sweet. I'm thinking I may go for one of the round ones. Need to measure the opening on the bumper and find a store with some of them in stock to see how they look like in person.

Still looking for pics with any type of fogs on your rides. Post em if you got em [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

-Kre

TuffVietta 03-10-2002 02:30 AM

i just installed my oem foglights today. they look great, but the only thing is that they dont match my headlights cuz i switched to the hyper white bulbs. the oem foglights give out a color kinda like the stock headlights, but overall, i think it looks :tup:

Krepoort 03-11-2002 11:37 AM

Yeah, thats the thing about the OEM lights. I don't like the way it has the yellowish tint to it. Guess its time for PIAAs :)

Daniel420 03-11-2002 05:39 PM

Still hoping for some pics of other people's foglights (besides OEM)

I want to see where/how you've installed them. I was looking at the front of my car and I don't know where I am going to put my PIAA 2100x foggies

guess i'll have to cut that black grill.