Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   FLOOR CROSS BAR (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/26507-floor-cross-bar.html)

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-03-2002 03:20 PM

FLOOR CROSS BAR

Does anyone have the universal floor cross bar by arospeed. It is suppose to tighten up your suspension so you can make better turns. It goes on the bottom of the car screwed to the fronts seats. It says it is universal. So does that mean it fits our cars:eek::eek:. I saw it in the arospeed website. Don't know how to show link.

SpeedRacer 03-03-2002 06:57 PM

i don't know much it'll help the suspension. but i was thinking about hooking harness belts to it. i've e-mailed them asking questions a few times i havn't heard anything.

Grey 03-03-2002 09:25 PM

Do you have a link to this product? I don't understand where it goes? Underneath the car, or in the interior? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Dakker 03-03-2002 09:41 PM

Sounds like interior[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Chuck2Fast4u 03-04-2002 12:19 AM

hey guys i have the "monkey bar" in my car.. i actually put it in myself...
it gets installed inside the car, behind the driver and passengers seats...

both ends connect to the seat belt bolts; it really doesnt get in the way because its so low to the floor but it doesnt look all good because its white.. i might get rid of it.. i havent seen any that are polished/chrome

but i feel the difference a lil bit, especially when pushing 50 mph and pulling a 360 degree U-TURN

Blv 03-04-2002 12:33 AM

I think RS Akimoto makes one for our car (Velocity, Fall 01), it's basically the same thing arospeed makes, only difference is the middle section--it's straight (we have flat rear floor)

I have called RS Akimoto once about this product, unfortunately the person that know about this product wasn't there

Try calling them at (310) 532 6617 -> (their website doesn't work)

black2k1vtec 03-04-2002 12:46 AM

Monkey bars are cool!:):tup:

NightHawk 03-04-2002 01:22 AM

theres another company out with this suspension ---yeah- akimoto- the center chasis brace-
its dope- really does work
think of it as a better lower sway bar and it doesnt get in the way cuz its across the ground-looks tight!

EcKo2k1Ex 03-04-2002 03:58 AM

My friend had one in his Si and it worked great... He imported his... Its made by doluck. But they wont make one for are cars.

John

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-04-2002 08:07 AM

So do you know if the arospeed floor bar will fit our cars[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

SpdRcrChk 03-04-2002 02:50 PM

I have one! I haven't installed it yet. But they DO for our cars.

Chuck2Fast4U Mine is polished or whatever. Lemme attacha
pic for you to see. I won it in a raffle from Aerospeed at a local
show. But the Box...as you'll see doesnt say Aerospeed.

Pic Attached.

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] FloorBar.jpg (44 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] FloorBarBox.jpg (21 Kb)

UncleB 03-04-2002 03:05 PM

I saw one of those in a car in a magazine last month. I thought it was kind of strange, but I'm sure it works.

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-05-2002 12:55 PM

Thankz for the pic SpdRcrChk. Let me know how it works:eek::eek:

SpdRcrChk 03-05-2002 01:55 PM

<< Thankz for the pic SpdRcrChk. Let me know how it works:eek::eek: >>

I definitely will. Matter of fact if I have the opportunity to take pics during and after install I will post them as well. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

black2k1vtec 03-05-2002 04:57 PM

The ones for our cars shouldnt need that 'hump' cause our floor is flat!

SpdRcrChk 03-05-2002 06:44 PM

<< The ones for our cars shouldnt need that 'hump' cause our floor is flat! >>

That's true. But keep in mind they are UNIVERSAL. Meaning the hump is prolly there for other cars. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

blouisgod 03-05-2002 06:47 PM

RS Akimoto makes one for our car. Summitracing has it