Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Question on lowering car (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/26476-question-lowering-car.html)

SuperCivic2k1 03-03-2002 11:27 AM

Question on lowering car

hey fellow 2k1 and 2k2 member, i am getting 17 rims and a full coilover kits, ppl told me to get other stuff that if i lower more then 2.0 like a chamber kit and konis and some other Sh*t..what do you guys think i should get if i lower my car 2.0?? please dont reply back if your gonna flame on me cuz i already did a search and didnt find any useful information..thanks

KurupTLX 03-03-2002 11:34 AM

Koni Adjustables, definitly a rear camber kit, maybe a front camber kit but it may not be necessary if its just over 2". You're also gonna need an alignment...

K-lx

mwwhonda 03-03-2002 12:41 PM

are you getting FULL coilovers? or ADJUSTABLE springs....so many ppl confuse the two.... GROUND CONTROL are not COILOVERS...they are ADJUSTABLE springs!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

bake 03-03-2002 12:56 PM

koni yellows, full camber kit and then your springs

1028CiViC 03-03-2002 12:58 PM

koni's and camber.. ppl do get mix up with those.
those are coilover sleeve springs..

Essa 03-03-2002 08:45 PM

I assume you are going to install an adjustable spring like ground control. If you lower your car max 2", you don't need front camber kit because you could just do shimming or get it allign. For your rear suspension, you should get a rear camber kit if you don't want any negative number.
Your rear stock shocks can handle max 2" drop. Nice to have koni install for better handling and cornering. If you go more than 2", you start bottoming your shocks....no matter what kind of shocks since you only have about 1" of travel. Unless you could find a shorter shocks with body length 7" or less.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

PS: Tell me if you can find a shorter shocks, since I'm also looking for it[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

Mbow 03-03-2002 09:04 PM

IMO you will need camber kits for all four corners, and most definately some performance shocks.

SuperCivic2k1 03-04-2002 06:34 PM

hey, thanks for answering my question, now, where can i find this "konis" and "chamber kits"?? that is cheap..

now for my next question...i want to get 17' rims and ppl say that if i get bigger then 15' my tranny and gear ratio will be gone really fast, now how do i get 17' and prevent it from loosing my tranny and gear ratio so i could have a clean ride?? thanks

Essa 03-04-2002 09:16 PM

Well, something must be sacrifice. Yes, your tranny and gear ratio will be gone faster than using stock wheels, but it won't be gone as fast as you think. It's also depend on how you drive your car.
Where to buy the Koni and camber kit? Try using the Parts table?

Bartkat 03-04-2002 09:38 PM

I ordered my Koni Sports here for $515, the best every day price I've seen. They shipped same day and the shocks and struts are due to be delivered tomorrow.

KONI SPORT SHOCKS AT IMPORT HORIZON

Bartkat 03-04-2002 09:40 PM

<< Well, something must be sacrifice. Yes, your tranny and gear ratio will be gone faster than using stock wheels, but it won't be gone as fast as you think. It's also depend on how you drive your car.
Where to buy the Koni and camber kit? Try using the Parts table?
>>

I'm not sure I understand how going to larger wheel diameter will change the overall ratio or damage the trans, if the same overall tire diameter as stock is maintained.

Snort2001 03-04-2002 10:34 PM

<< I'm not sure I understand how going to larger wheel diameter will change the overall ratio or damage the trans, if the same overall tire diameter as stock is maintained. >>

yah...thats what i've been thinking...if you get 17" rims with low profile tires..then i should be around the same TOTAL diameter as stock 15" with those phat rubbers

SuperCivic2k1 03-05-2002 11:23 AM

Umm...i dont get it..if i ket 17' rims should i get a new tire if so what kind is the one and what size will it be in?? and D.A.M.N Konis is sooo expensive...they are like 500 bucks, welll i will try to get everything to get my ride a smooth and safe one. i wanted the tenzo R Rims. and i want it to be 17 and not mess up my tranny and gear ratio..plz reply back for more detail to make my ride smooth and will last long * and i dont want to hear, "keep it stock"* ok well reply back!