Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Jic Magic Coilovers (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/26075-jic-magic-coilovers.html)

555 02-28-2002 12:20 PM

Jic Magic Coilovers

Does anyone have any Jic coilover for their civic yet, if so, how is the ride, too stiff, or does it sway into turns. Is it low enough?

duyaknow 04-01-2002 01:54 AM

I did a short search about full coil over setups and it was short because there isn't alot of threads about them except the NEX setup. I finally have enough cash for a full setup, but I want to use my money right. I'm really interested in the JIC coils. They're just a threaded shock coil that is a popular suspension company in Japan. I'm also eyeing the Progress full coil over setup. These two setups come complete with upper hats so it's a quick bolt on setup. They're about under 1200. Most of you guys are after ground controls with konis, but I figured that the price difference is only about 100 bucks for a full set up. Koni 550 + ground controls 300 if lucky = 850. Problem is I don't wanna mess with gutting my struts so installation will be about 200 to 300 bucks. Now you see that the price is pretty close. Anyways...alot of you guys said the ride of a full setup is in no comparison to coil over sleeves. I wanted to know if anyone of you have a full set up and provide some feedback in the Review forum or here would be great. I know Pimpdakota has the B&G which is awesome because they have adjustable dampning but 1600 is a little too much for me. That brings up the question, is adjustable dampning really needed for a full setup if all I'm looking for is a comfortable daily commuter car with a mean look to it. I'm looking at the 2-2.5 inch drop to eliminate all fender gap and i'm pretty sure the shocks can handle it and of course I'll buy a camber kit (Ingalls b/c read it's better for the EX). Just looking for any info or advice on full setups. The manufactures that make them now are listed as so: JIC, Progress, H&R (no top hat, rear drop 1.7 max), Intrax ($$$), B&G ($$$), and NEX (reliability questionable). Hope you guys can help me out.

Mrciviclova 04-01-2002 08:14 AM

Yow man i have the same problem! I would really appreciate it if you pass me the right info on a good affordable whole suspension coil over kit . I want the same thing that you want , a low ride with stability. I was going to buy H&R , every one told to go for it, cause it is german made, but since you said that they dont come with top hats (thanks). Tell me what you can get to ! I am thinking in lowering the car between 1 to 1.5". DO you thik that will be enough to fill the fender gap? or you think 2" is better, cause i dont want my ride to be really low or the police will stop me from driving my car. What is the maximum low number that i can lower the car with out using a camber kit. Even if i do need a camber kit please tell me what exactly i need to buy and to align my 17" wheels and price too!

I hope i am not wasting your time. Please email me for a reply on: kimo996@hotmail.com

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

duyaknow 04-02-2002 12:11 AM

I'm not a pro at this, but I would suggest you just get springs. If your looking at just a 1.5 inch drop, i read a camber kit will not be needed. I think the Eibach Sportlines are a good product for what you need. 1.4 inch drop all around. The hot item on this site now is the Neuspeed Sports, which is somewhere between a 1.5-1.8 inch drop. I'm not really sure. People on this site say you will only need a camber kit if you drop 2 or more inches. I measured my fender gap and it's like 2.5 inches. The thing is I hear alot of people have alot of rubbing problems with just Neuspeed Race springs which is over a 2 inch drop. If your not in a rush, wait for the Tokicos to come out with fully replaceable struts, so that you can install it yourself. The H&R doesn't come with a top hat, but you just use your stock top hat. Just means installation will be longer because you'll have to use a spring compressor to remove the top hat off the stock. Don't worry, I'm glad someone is actually even reading this thread. I've been trying to get info about full setups for along time now, but not much luck. Also since your not dropping you car alot, I recommended springs because the ride will be softer and you won't have alot of problems like squeaking. Good luck on modifying your ride.

Machina 04-02-2002 07:10 AM

I'm probably going to go with Sportlines...my friend has had them for 2 years on his stock shocks and they haven't blown yet...I was wondering about the camber kit and if it was needed for a 1.4" drop...some say no, the guy at the rim shop said yes...so that's where i'm stuck...i found the rims i want but am hesitant because of the camber kit issue...

if ANYONE can offer their $0.02 on the camber kit issue...please do!