Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   I WANT THESE!!! PLEAZE HELP ME ACHIEVE MY GOAL #354!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/25878-i-want-these-pleaze-help-me-achieve-my-goal-354-a.html)

VTECnique 02-27-2002 07:20 AM

I WANT THESE!!! PLEAZE HELP ME ACHIEVE MY GOAL #354!!!

see the tails on thx1138's ride? do a member rides search. I know that they are like stock, and NOT sold in the good 'ol U S of A (dammit!), but i want them... can someone who actually reads this and is from over seas get me these ( and a price)? PLEASE...I'M LOSIN' IT!!!! I WANNA BE THE FIRST KID ON MY BLOCK WITH THESE!!! I WANNA BE DIFFERENT!!! WHY WON'T U LET ME LIVE MARGE, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME LIVE!!!

oh...sorry! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG]

01civicboi 02-27-2002 07:22 AM

i have no hook-ups but they look sweet:tup:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/members_r...138/image2.jpg

SpdRcrChk 02-27-2002 07:28 AM

They are pretty cool. But I've kinda grown attached to mine. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

VTECnique 02-27-2002 07:57 AM

do u guys think honda can order them for me?

antidote11 02-27-2002 08:16 AM

They are probably still going to look like a glowing horse shoe at night.....:)

pounds 02-27-2002 09:12 AM

those wont be legal in the U.S.
that other clear part is where the reflector is right.....thats why they have the reflector on the bumper.

i could be wrong tho

SOHCScreamer 02-27-2002 09:17 AM

try getting in contact with honda overseas.
just a suggestion. dont know how/why they would actually ship them to you supoosing you got in contact with them.
...ok..ok i did some searching while writing this reply. i tried the british honda site. and dammit. error. apparently they dont want us Yanks to send them email. oh well. plenty of other european countries to try.
just an idea to follow if you really want to pursue this.

btw: they spell "center" like "c-e-n-t-r-e"
and "colors" like "c-o-l-o-u-r-s"

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
brits are founny!!

Derek-CEO 02-27-2002 09:39 AM

that isn't a reflector on the bumper, it's a fog light. All european cars have to have them. Even porsche and others have them here, but they are integrated into the taillight

DaveyD 02-27-2002 09:42 AM

I thought all European cars were supposed to have seperate amber turn signal lights.

KurupTLX 02-27-2002 10:59 AM

The second white spot on the tail light isn't a reflector... i assume its probably an amber turn signal... D is right about the fog brake light, it was discussed on here a while ago. The lights should be legal here but have fun getting them over. You'll end up paying like $400 +

K-lx

pounds 02-27-2002 11:15 AM

well see there you go......im retarded, hah. But in all honesty i dont like that thing on the bumper, it just looks out of place.

pounds 02-27-2002 11:16 AM

if you were brave enough you could take the tail lights apart and just remove that red lens that goes over that part....should work nicely

nbpEMCivic 02-27-2002 11:34 AM

yeah My mom's Bemer has a lower light like that on the bumper..its a European thing

<< They are probably still going to look like a glowing horse shoe at night..... >>

thats one reason why i got Altezzas...

thx1138 02-27-2002 12:07 PM

Take it easy guys. Help is here.
First, the light in the bumper is a fog light, and yes Pounds, it looks like sh$t. It's the most irritating bit on my car just like the passenger-seat-forward-slide without memory. But they are required by law (the light that is). Most european brands put 'em somewhere in the tail lights.

The rear lights still look like horseshoes, because I was driving behind another 7th gen a few weeks ago, which is a major event, coz I think there're like 2 coupes in this town, and The Hague is the 3rd biggest city of the Netherlands. I don't get to see my own lights that often. Is't kinda hard to drive, jump out, run backwards, have a look, run back, and jump back in before the car hits a wall. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] So I'm really not sure how they light up (except for the horseshoe part) and what color they are. I'll ask someone to take a picture sometimes. Don't know about it being legal or not in the US.

If you want to know how much they cost (anybody wanna swap 'em against a TCS) I guess I could try Honda Netherlands. Not sure if they're gonna be helpfull. And my dealer probably doesn't wanna help either, coz I took their showroom S2000 out for a spin in december and flew into the sidewalk and banged the rims. Damn rear wheel drive cars :susp: I'm a really good driver so I couldn't be me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

BTW SOHCScreamer, we spell center as centrum, and color as kleur.

SOHCScreamer 02-27-2002 12:51 PM

<< BTW SOHCScreamer, we spell center as centrum, and color as kleur. >>

LOL. see you learn new things everyday on this forum.

Kleur!! the dutch are even funnieur!!

sorry. no pun intended. honestly. just having fun.

thx1138 02-27-2002 01:56 PM

You don't even wanna know how we spell [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] Ok you do. There are a few translations here;
overgeven
over je nek gaan
kotsen
Are we learning yet ?
Next time some dude in a Focus is making fun of you just call him a sukkel, and hope his grandpa isn't a Dutch imigrant.

my2k1vic 02-27-2002 03:11 PM

why don't you wait untill the 2003's come out. they might put those lights on the coupe since they will re-style it.

rac53041 02-27-2002 07:56 PM

thoese are the side veiw mirrors I want need to find a way to get them

BeezRide 03-03-2002 07:03 PM

Turn on the emergency blinkers. Then your car doesn't have to hit the wall.

thx1138 03-04-2002 02:12 PM

Now why didn't I think of that :susp: