Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   front lower tie bar? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/25873-front-lower-tie-bar.html)

sonsonzai 02-27-2002 03:39 AM

front lower tie bar?

I was told that I can put a lower tie bar at the front? is that true? right now, I have front strut, rear strut, and rear lower tie. and how many more bars can we put on the car?

PlatnumBomb 02-27-2002 08:23 AM

btw...where did u put a rear strut bar...???

I know where the lower tie goes...but for the other...I'm confused!!!

Grey 02-27-2002 09:02 AM

Yeah... We can put the front strut bar and the rear strut bar, and the front tie bar, and the rear tie bar. I think that's it.

Grey 02-27-2002 09:03 AM

<< btw...where did u put a rear strut bar...???

I know where the lower tie goes...but for the other...I'm confused!!!
>>

You put the rear strut bar in back betwean the strut towers. They're visible when you lift up the carpet in the back towards the back seats.

DonJuan 02-27-2002 09:12 AM

I guess once all the strut & tie bars are in place we can now start on SWAY BARS (If you don't know bout this go to intrax's website)

Our cars have understeer. After talking to a couple tech's, "in their opinion", suggested using sway bars to correct this.

Moderator's / Tech's on website: Correct me if i'm wrong on this.

:tup:

Grey 02-27-2002 11:43 AM

Actually upgrading to bigger sway bars first makes the biggest improvement. Then it's the strut bars, then it's the tie bars. Then maybe a monkey bar (goes across the interior in back betwean the seatbelt bolts). Intrax will have sway bars out for our cars soon. K3wl.

PlatnumBomb 02-27-2002 04:05 PM

I'm almost postive I don't have a place to mount underneath my carpet...Is this only an EX thing...

I swore I've looked underneath the carpet before...Am I mistaken...If I am...I will be gettin one ASAP

-thx...Mark

Grey 02-27-2002 05:32 PM

It's sort of near the wheel wells towards the back seats. It's there. I clearly saw it when I had my interior body panels taken off.

rhyno 02-27-2002 05:38 PM

yeah, the ones i've seen so far, the rear upper strut bar, have attached to the bottom of the tower which would run it across the floor board. you could cut holes in the carpet at those areas and run it over the carpet so that it is visible. f i am going to spend the money, it would be cool if someone can see it. I a holding out for oe that attaches to the upper strut tower. it would be more beneficial.

Daniel420 02-28-2002 11:16 AM

i want someone that has a sedan to say that they definately have a rear strut bar... I ahve been wanting to get one but i want to be certail that it fits teh sedan. Anyone know for sure?

555 02-28-2002 12:16 PM

there is no such thing as a front lower tie bar, but there is such a thing as a anti sway bar for the front and rear. Normally Eibach, Progress group, Suspension Techniques, has those type of applications. I think Eibach offer it for the rear sway bar only.

Grey 02-28-2002 01:59 PM

What's that smell? It's a N00B! Go to www.neuspeed.com and click on "SHOPPING" then chose the category "Neuspeed Front Lower Tie Bar".