Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Ignition Solutions Group Buy (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/25789-ignition-solutions-group-buy.html)

Turtle 02-26-2002 04:58 PM

Ignition Solutions Group Buy

I know theere have been some people looking to buy aftermarket coils for our ignition systems. This item will replace the factory coil. Its very easy to install. I emailed Ignition Solutions and they said they would do a group buy for us if interested. Here's what they said.

Hello Mr. Faulkenberry,

If you can get at least 10 members who would like to purchase
the system, we can offer you a great price at $415.99 instead of
the $484.99. Get more than 10 confirmed and ready and the
price will drop from there. Please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Ignition Solutions, Inc.
7920 Silverton Ave. Ste. E
San Diego, CA 92126
www.ignitionsolutions.com
858-586-0080 Phone
858-586-0028 Fax

So, if you're interested let me know.

Turtle 02-26-2002 05:02 PM

Here's a link to the product:: Plasma Direct

MyCivic 02-26-2002 06:56 PM

Dude, if u will get it down to 375 I am in.

IonRays 02-26-2002 06:59 PM

is it all four coils? how come i only see one installed on the motor?

Turtle 02-26-2002 07:45 PM

Yes, it is for all four. They only have one in the pic for comparison.
This is a group buy through Ignition Solutions. The more people we can get over 10, the lower the price can get.

thundercats4ever 02-26-2002 07:48 PM

If I can see some proof that these things work I am down. It would be better if we could get it cheaper but I suppose 415 would be ok, would that include shipping?

thundercats4ever 02-26-2002 08:02 PM

DOes that include core chare too?

Mbow 02-26-2002 08:40 PM

I don't know what they would do for performance, but they definately look cool.

HondaLuver 02-26-2002 10:31 PM

it will do nothing for your car other than save a little gas, better and faster starts, and smoother acceleration[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Bartkat 02-26-2002 10:31 PM

Yeah those would be neat. Then you can put in a plexiglass hood so people can see your LED's lighting up as your engine fires.

HondaLuver 02-26-2002 11:44 PM

alright im confused, we will just get the aftermarket coils or do we get the
Plasma Booster™
Plasma Direct™ (for coil over plug)
Plasma Wires™,
Plasma Arc™
Plasma Blaster™
as a package?

WhosYoDadday85 02-26-2002 11:51 PM

That would work on any 2k1.....Auto/Manual..DX/HX/LX/EX...Coupe/Sedan?

As far as your engine warranty is concerned, how would this affect it?

thundercats4ever 02-26-2002 11:59 PM

<< As far as your engine warranty is concerned, how would this affect it? >>

Probably mess it up but from what I can tell these are pretty easy to put in so I imagine they could be easily removed as well.

Any word on a core charge?

CIVIC808 02-27-2002 12:40 AM

ok guys/girls i've got them and they are a must for performance. acceleration and torque is stronger.You'll get 4 direct coil over plug.if you're taking your car in for engine warranty work just take them off.so far i have no problem with them.
oh and the led indicator is always on when your engine is running not when the cylinder fires.i have pics in members ride.

IGNITION

WhosYoDadday85 02-27-2002 09:03 AM

Good call....is it worth the money CIVIC808? I'm looking for better starts...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

IDQcivic 02-27-2002 11:40 AM

I just got them in the UPS today, plan on putting them in tonight hopefully... I'll let you know what I think, too bad I didnt get in the group buy, oh well.....

MyCivic 02-27-2002 04:59 PM

Yeah! Was it worth it?? I am pretty sure that bout 2-3 months ago tried getting the group buy on this ignition set, but it only ended on planing. 375 and I am in [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Hopefully it will work out this time Peace

Turtle 02-27-2002 06:24 PM

Heres the scoop on the core charge. If you send them your stock coils, they will take another $40 off. So that makes it $375.99 plus shipping for 10 people. Remember, the more people we get on top of that, the lower the price will go. Not sure how much though.

This is just for the Plasma Direct coils.

These will fit any 7th Gen EX/LX.. Auto/5spd. One part fits all.

So anyone interested. They didnt give me a deadline for a date, but don't take forever making your mind.

CIVIC808 02-27-2002 08:58 PM

for the price i paid its worth it. atleast your upgrading your ingnition for something better than stock.

WhosYoDadday85 02-27-2002 11:09 PM

Nah I would want to keep the stock coils because then I can swap when I have to go in for warranty work...

ALLMAN 02-28-2002 06:36 AM

Well if your getting like me...warranty is almost up![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]...Peace!

IDQcivic 02-28-2002 08:39 AM

I just put the coils on last night. All you need is I think a 10mm socket and just unscrew the old coils, pull them up, disconnect the plug, and install the new ones. I did it in the dark in like 10 minutes. It fires up pretty quickly and sounded pretty smooth. I took it for a spin, and as soon as I put it in reverse I noticed a small increase in torque. It seemed more repsonsive and took off quicker. I went onto some back roads and punched it, it really took off. my 0-60 speed seems to have increased but I have no proof. I think my shifts are a little smoother and it doesnt seem to hesitate as much when I step off the gas. I am thinking about getting some of those Denso irdium ik20 spark plugs and maybe that would make it a little better too....

WhosYoDadday85 02-28-2002 04:23 PM

IDQcivic: So they were a good buy?

IDQcivic 03-01-2002 11:47 AM

I don't think they were worth almost $500 but either way I have them. I think they might show more improvement once some fuel injectors and fuel rails come out for our cars. I might try running some higher octane gas. I always used 87 but I might need a higher octane now.

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-01-2002 12:06 PM

Why would you need higher octane gas[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

bignasty 03-02-2002 10:33 AM

I will have the money by march 25, if it's still on, I'm in.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

Xjet 03-02-2002 12:17 PM

<< I don't know what they would do for performance, but they definately look cool. >>

MBow,

The real benefits of an upgraded ignition system really shine when using forced induction (turbos/ supercharger) or NOS. The resulting denser air charge burns more completely with a stronger spark. Hondaluver is right, with a stock Civic the benefits are:

* Increased fuel efficiency
* Easier starts
* Smoother acceleration

Xjet

Noodle 03-02-2002 06:04 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm an electronic technologist and the chart for the factory one looks sorta real. My question is for the Plasma Booster
1) why is the reference voltage (probably 0 volts) raised ? probably to make it look like the spike is higher
2) oscilloscopes measure VOLTAGE !!!! not current !!!
3) why is there a negative current spike for the Plasma Booster
Just a word of caution, if my message offends anyone, please just disregard. This seems like a bunch of marketing gimick.

thundercats4ever 03-03-2002 09:13 PM

<< Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm an electronic technologist and the chart for the factory one looks sorta real. My question is for the Plasma Booster
1) why is the reference voltage (probably 0 volts) raised ? probably to make it look like the spike is higher
2) oscilloscopes measure VOLTAGE !!!! not current !!!
3) why is there a negative current spike for the Plasma Booster
Just a word of caution, if my message offends anyone, please just disregard. This seems like a bunch of marketing gimick.
>>

Man I wish I knew what your were talking about.

MyCivic 03-05-2002 09:46 AM

Guys!? So what is it?? Is t another ignition group buy that did not work out?? Anypne?