Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Which exhaust and intake is better (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/25353-exhaust-intake-better.html)

iceman 02-23-2002 08:21 PM

Which exhaust and intake is better

Hey wassup everyone..my names derrick...and im new here...so i wanted to say wassup to ya all...i new to this car mod stuff...well i was wonderin which exhaust and intake would be better to get in terms of sound(exhaust) and gaining the most horsepower (intake)....right now im lookin at the magnaflow cat-back exhaust and DC sports exhaust...as for intake which is better injen race division cold intake, dc sports intake or AEM

jamesbbh 02-23-2002 08:53 PM

injen cold air and i dont really know as far as exhaust b/c most of them out reduce low end torque but you gain high end
James

2k1EXracer 02-23-2002 09:17 PM

I wont flame you for asking this question but others will. please do a search using the search function before you post a question like this. its also a good idea to check the FAQ section.

bottlefed 02-24-2002 12:12 AM

Magnaflow=cheap. Sorry to everybody that has it. I have the Greddy Evo cat back and the Injen cold air intake and it sounds great

Desi 02-24-2002 12:58 AM

- i have the skunk2 exhaust, and it is a beautiful system
- i have sound clips under one of my messages, during this february. i know its louder than the dc sports and magnaflow but about the same as the greddy. its pure stainless steel which the greddy isn't (one of the main reasons i didn't get the evo).
- i bought it for 505 much less that what this site posts.

RedDragon333 02-24-2002 01:25 AM

The Tanabe Racing Medalion for an exhaust and the AEM cold air intake for the 5spd and i think the INJEN short Ram for the auto and right know as far as a header goes DC sports

djlunatic 02-24-2002 11:54 AM

aem cai and obx bomb b3 catback . :tup:

Voiceofid 02-24-2002 12:10 PM

Wenn jeder das genaue hat "welche Aufstellung besser ist" Aufstellung.. nicht wir alle werden haben das gleiche anschauende modded Auto?

mohawkboom 02-24-2002 12:11 PM

the Injen CAI has the biggest proven gains same HP gain.. but if offers a nice increase in torque lower down.. definately a little more of what our civics need.

Cheers
Mohawk

black2k1vtec 02-24-2002 12:12 PM

Do a search. I know theres many threads with the exact same question!:tdown:

Spider883 02-24-2002 04:33 PM

Hey you should do a search first. I'm a newbie and i learned it quick bc u get flamed really fast. but i would suggest the injen cai bc from what i have seen it offers more lower end torque and it is basicly the same as the aem but a little cheaper

NoBottleJustThrottle 02-25-2002 12:42 AM

well its all up to you and personal pref. but whatever you do, get a cold air intake system if you can, whether you get the Injen, or the AEM. The whole purpose of the intake is to suc in as much cold air as possible to get more HP gains, with the SRI, you are suckin in warm air radiated off by the engine. just my 2 cents.

1028CiViC 02-25-2002 06:58 AM

Exhaust Hks Hyper custom mid pipe..
intake injen race division.. good.! and nice sound..
i had a short ram injen before but i sold it..now i have the cold air..i can the you the difference about them..