Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Full Coilover setup (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/25006-full-coilover-setup.html)

Blv 02-21-2002 02:40 AM

Full Coilover setup

Anyone with H&R or JIC full coilover setup?
What do you think of them?

I know MooCow had the B&G, I wonder how good they are...

My friend has the H&R in his MkIV Golf, and I love how it rides, no harshness, very controlled..

At first I consider the koni's and GC's, but 550+330=880 and with 300 more I could get the full setup, I would rather get he full setup with matched bound/rebound and spring rate [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

DonJuan 02-21-2002 05:56 AM

for $1190 (880 + 300) what full coilover setup is it that you say you can get? because all the ones i got prices on where aroudn $1400 - 1600.

Simkin 02-21-2002 07:44 AM

You can get JIC full-Coilovers from www.importfan.com for about 1300$ USD, I heard that tasukemoto@hotmail.com has them for about 1000$ USD.

And you can get the progress full-Coilover setup from www.stylincompacts.com for about 1200$ USD, which is what I am going to purchase.

And you can get Koni full-Coilovers from www.truechoice.com for about 1100$ USD, I have heard.

And you can get HP Racing Gen-2 full-Coilovers from www.creverything.com for about 985$ USD.

HEBEGEBZ 02-21-2002 10:09 AM

What is included in a full coilover kit. And how is it better/different from just coilovers.

Blv 02-21-2002 01:43 PM

Full coilover setup will include threaded shock/strut and spring, this way the rate of bound/rebound and the spring rate are matched by the manufacturer

Simkin: I thought Koni is not going to make a full coilover for our cars... (since they are only making inserts to the stock struts body) if they're going to make a full coilover stup they would've come up with a full struts.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

duyaknow 02-21-2002 05:28 PM

If you liked your friends H&R, why not get the same brand for your car? They make them for our car, or are you concerned on how much they lower? I've seen that the rears don't lower more than 1.3 or was it 1.6 inches. I don't quite remember, but I know it was not more than 2 inches, and measuring my gap right now, it's over 2 inches with 17s. The JIC are from Japan, and are pretty popular over there. I'm not sure, but would it be a good comparison between JIC and Tein? Only difference is that JIC comes with the upper spring perches while the Teins are adjustable dampning. Plus Tein is more expensive and even more expensive if you get them with upper perches. I kind of want one with adjustable dampning, but I also want it with the adjustable ring at the bracket so that shock travel is not affected when you lower it. Lets see, Intrax has adjustable dampning but only one way of adjusting the height. H&R has none, and was wondering if matters because as you lower it, does the rebound and compression automatically adjust itself to avoid bottoming out??? B&G has adjustable dampining, one way to adjust height, and expensive. Not sure tein is out for our cars yet. JIC and Progress has nothing but upper spring perches, so that you don't have to use the stock. I emailed JIC and they said they are making the JIC coils that have two way height adjustable soon for 2001 civics. plus they also make a better one with both two way adjust and adjustable dampning. price is about 1600 for the top one. Koni adjustable coils are only for europeans so far i think. Crev-everything has the OBX full adjustable coils for our car, but i heard they don't fit perfectly, not sure about the HP coils. Think the HP are both adjustable dampning and two way adjustable height, just not confident in the name and quality, but it's fairly cheap i think for all it's options. And the last, but very controversial set is the NEX, which is 830 now shipped on group buy. It looks hella nice and is two way adjustable height. cheaper than getting ground controls and konis, but have heard good and bad news about them. just waiting over time to see if the people who speak positive about them still do...hehe. That's my research for the year...