Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   hks turbo section?????? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/24942-hks-turbo-section.html)

Wojo 02-20-2002 06:21 PM

hks turbo section??????

Hey guys i was looking around on HKS's website and i found a turbo section for a 2001 civic lx that says all applications i personally dont believe it i put the address down in the post check it out and let me know.

heres the site

1028CiViC 02-20-2002 06:25 PM

i think soon is going to come out..

roger9356 02-20-2002 06:31 PM

i hate to hae to be the bearer of bad news but yes all those turnos will work on our civic BUT(thats a big BUT) you need to be able to fabricate a whole custom turbo cause the just seling the turb not a kit . oh and by the way i did talk to HKS and that at the moment have no intentions of finishng the testing or put the turbo, displayed in the honda tuning magazine , on sale

SUCK D*CK HKS

mikalem 02-20-2002 07:30 PM

So if that's the case, why do they have a rep from HKS in their forum spitting out testing results as it's happening? Sounds to me if they've gone this far with it, it would be a waste not to offer some kit to the general public 30 - 40 is not bad, considering you are only starting out with 127 (only around 105 or so to the wheels anyways) That will be a nice jump, even in it's mildest form. Anything they can do with the fuel system on top of that is a bonus.

htowncivicEX 02-20-2002 10:37 PM

In my conversations with Will and Rob from HKS, it sounded like HKS was still undecided about releasing the turbo. If you want to see the turbo released, let them know! Post your opinions on the HKS turbo thread.

UncleB 02-21-2002 08:02 AM

We are currently working on something in regards to supplying the additional fuel need on the EX, so far so good.

We are designing the kit to be a bolt on system (maybe even carb exempt) that will be able to be upgraded with an intercooler kit, bov, larger turbo and so forth. The reason why the kit intially would offer 30-40hp is that is what the stock fuel system can muster out. Greater hp can be realized, but the fuel system will need to be further address. We want to design the kit this way to reduce the enter cost of the kit and keep the kit simple for ones that are satisfied with a good 30-40 hp gain (thats 30% gain from stock). And for ones that want more...there will be upgrades and add ons..

The EX model's exhaust manifold and emissions system is different from the LX and DX models- Cat is in a differnt location. Currently the focus is on the EX model, when that is done or near done, we will evaluatate the feasibiliry of the LX and DX models.

Thanks,

Will
HKS USA

That was posted on February 7, 2002 so it appears that they are still working on it. I'm not giving up on them yet. It seems like they will put out the basic kit with the minimal gains and then will release add-ons as they are developed. Sounds good to me.

Bartkat 02-21-2002 08:12 AM

I think since the 2001 7th generation Civic was orignially designed and touted as a "family car" and not so performance oriented as previous generations, the aftermarket for serious power mods was not anticipated. Some of these people are missing the boat here. By now it appears that at least HKS has realized that there IS a market for power mods. This is evident by the enthusiasts who may have started on the west coast and Fla and is now spreading accross the country.

I bought my Civic just to drive, then got interested in mods from a friend who has a '95 Accord show car. Now I've got the bug an have done quite a bit to the car. I think this bug is catching on and aftermarket people need to grab on to this trend or miss out entirely.

At least I see this as a reason why there was not a whole lot of interest when the 7th generation Civics first came out. Looks like some of the manufacturers should become aware of the interest as it stands now.

UncleB 02-21-2002 08:41 AM

All the aftermarket people need to do is come to this site and see the demand for parts and that should motivate them to get busy making some more stuff. We still have 2-3 years before this generation of Civics is done and the new one is out. Hopefully we will have some really nice power mods out by then.

01civicboi 02-21-2002 08:59 AM

If you haven't noticed, try searching for ANY car and you'll see the exact same list of turbos.
Yes those turbos will fit our cars with the correct fabrication of parts. we're all waiting for the kit, which will have the exhaust manifold neccessary for the turbo

htowncivicEX 02-21-2002 03:06 PM

BartKat

The Civic has ALWAYS intended to be an economy family car first and foremost. But that didn't stop the aftermarket from turning previous gen Civics into the most popular sport compact car in history. The new 7th gens aren't any more familiy or consumer-friendly (ok, maybe they're a little bit more eco-friendly with the ULEV rating) - it's just that the car has been entirely redesigned with a brand new engine and the aftermarket still has yet to solve some of the initial difficulties.

I wouldn't really worry too much - the 7th gen Civic is here to stay. It will be impossible for the aftermarket to ignore them forever. Aftermarket companies are not simply just going to stop making products for the Civic.

tsunamisplash 02-21-2002 03:11 PM

there's way too much money to be made for them NOT to unleash a turbo into the 7th generation of civics.

as well, they've prolly used up 100's of man-hours to develop something as a prototype, so if they don't release a product on the market, that'd be ALOT of wasted money and heads would roll. it's just the business side of things. be patient.