Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Need Help With Drop (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/24478-need-help-drop.html)

Tetryl75 02-17-2002 03:34 PM

Need Help With Drop

I have a LX Sedan, and want to know what I need to lower my car. Springs, Coilovers, Camber Kit? I've never lowered a car before, I bought all of them lowered already. Anyway, I only want to go about 1.5". Thanks for the help.

pounds 02-17-2002 03:58 PM

for a 1.5' drop....then id suggest some eibach sportline springs. and with a drop that low id suggest a camber kit for front and back. Then you can get the koni yellows (shocks/struts), they will make you ride smother but its not needed...just drive careful

azn0o7 02-17-2002 04:10 PM

Tetryl75,
If you want a 1.5" and not spend a lot of money then just go with ground control coil-overs, that's if you are planing to add a kit. You want coil overs so you can adjust it just incase you scrap if you add a kit. You won't need a camber it if you have a tight budget, that's if you run on stock wheels, but if you ar planing on adding rims i suggest you by them cause it'll save your tires... You won't need to get shocks right away cause the stock ones are pretty good... But if money is not an option i'd recomend a full on suspension system, meaning the shock and coil over comes in a once piece set, h&r is an excellent choice if money was no object.

antidote11 02-17-2002 06:34 PM

I just lowered my car 1.5" with some Goldline Springs and they are bad ass, I love'em.
As far as a camber kit, most of the time on a 1.5 or under lowering, the camber really isn't even affected. Just lower your car
first then visually see if you might need a camber or "alignment" kit. A tiny bit of camber is good, it actually helps
the handling of the car. Just lower your car and see if you need a camber kit, or drive for a month or two and see if you are starting to get uneven
tread wear on your tires, then you'll know for sure that you need a camber kit. If you are really worried about it, a lot of these little shops will
test and see if your camber is bad enough to justify getting a camber kit. Later !!

EDIT:
By the way dude, do yourself a favor and don't get a coilover kit, just get some good springs and some good adjustable struts ie: Koni's or Tokico's.....
the ride will be better and the suspension will be adjustable externally with a knob. Very cool sh it !! And you can adjust oversteer and understeer.

BAK 02-17-2002 06:45 PM

Hey antidote11 - did Jotech install your springs ? I'm getting my $1300 bonus Friday and thought about getting them to install the Prokit.

antidote11 02-17-2002 07:43 PM

Yeh, Jotech installed it for me....the Pro-Kit is what I was going to get, and it was 350 installed I think....maybe 300...?
Call them tomorrow and ask them how much. If you are wanting to get the Pro-Kit, you should consider the Goldlines...
I just got those put on my car the other day and they lower just a touch lower than the Pro-Kit, but not as much as the Sportlines
and those were 250 installed, 270 out-the-door...and I love them so far<tear>

7thgencivicdriver 02-17-2002 08:15 PM

Goldlines are bada$$. I just put mine on 3 weeks ago and the ride is perfect. I got for $300 installed with a 4 wheel alignment.
latez

antidote11 02-17-2002 08:47 PM

I agree Yo' [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] The Goldlines have a sweet azz ride, not too soft, not to firm.....and once I get some adjustable on there...
it will be even more bad azz !! I'll be hangin' turns at 60 and sh it !! :)

Tetryl75 02-17-2002 09:15 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys.

1028CiViC 02-18-2002 06:06 AM

for the gold line spring is there two kind like neuspeed and h&r sport and race?
how's the ride on them? boucy? comfortable? what's the retail price for it/