Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   anyone have an neon underbody kit? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/23794-anyone-have-neon-underbody-kit.html)

blouisgod 02-11-2002 05:58 PM

anyone have an neon underbody kit?

i want one so bad but they are illegal but who cares. do they break or can they work on our cars??? any info is much appreciated.

pounds 02-11-2002 07:47 PM

did you search???

i know that derek (2k1civic.com) has em..and quite a few others

DeFiaNT 02-11-2002 07:56 PM

I have a 4 pc liteglow set which are pretty tough, but if u hit a speed bumb or something fast, they will crack. I ride with them on all the time and havn't been caught yet.....You should see peoples' faces as I pass them by =)

Parisdreams 02-11-2002 08:08 PM

i have street glows gold kit. Lifetime warranty even glass breakage need i say more. the only law here is the tube can not show. I mounted mine behind the beem that run down the side ( were you place the jacks), the front tube to the raditor support, and the rear tube about two feet a away from the rear bumper and it turned out wonderful.

ShadyMilkMan 02-11-2002 08:27 PM

Same as parisdreams. Cant have the tubes showing, easy to do with ground effects (body kit). Im not sure if you can ride with em on or not, heh oh well. I love em get a pair.

DeFiaNT 02-12-2002 12:29 AM

Yeah....i'm pretty sure its illegal to drive with your underglow lights on....especially blue or red ones. The other day I was driving with my blue underglows on behind some guy and he pulled over to the side of the road and kinda sat there for a moment then took off. I assume that he thought i was a cop or something by the way he acted, anyway, it was kinda funny.

spyder597 02-12-2002 12:54 AM

Yeah I have blue street glows and I got pulle over the same night that I put them on. I didn't get a ticket and tey don't seem to care anymore. The cops just wave at me when I drive by.

riceburnrex 02-12-2002 01:03 AM

According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, underbody neons are legal in all 50 states as long as: 1- the tube cannot be seen directly 2- they are not flashing, no matter the color. Blue and red are both legal, but you'll get more hassle about them b/c that's emergency vehicle colors.

nos1 02-12-2002 01:15 AM

I got pulled over for my green led windshield washer lights I had my under body kit
on and the cop told me that I can run with my neon lights on only on the weekends
but he made me cut the wire on washer lights right then or he was going to write me a ticket
ain't that a bunch of Bull Sh!t

SoNiCcIvIc 02-12-2002 02:16 AM

Underbody neons are illegal if the car is moving. It appears some cops are kew about it but underbody neons are way too distracting to drivers at night...

EDIT: BTW, I'm gettin some once I get my hands on $200.

blouisgod 02-12-2002 06:55 AM

thanx. i searched but i was wondering if anyone had any problems with breaking; particularly with a lowered car. i found a good price on a kit of 2 48's and 2 36's.