Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   ATTN: Grey or anyone else w/ tsunami front bumper (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/23321-attn-grey-anyone-else-w-tsunami-front-bumper.html)

Pedrito 02-07-2002 04:44 PM

ATTN: Grey or anyone else w/ tsunami front bumper

hey Grey or you other peepz....i have a quick ?...i have the bumper now and i want to put it on myself after i get it painted all the thing came w/ was the bumper...grille mesh..and some clip things...do i have to put on my own screws and stuff??? or do i just use the clips...how many holes did u guys have to drill?? please let me know thanks a lot for all your help....

Grey 02-07-2002 05:58 PM

I would drill all the holes and what not before you get it painted. That way you don't have to worry about damaging the paint. Take off the stock bumper and look at the differences betwean the Tsunami and your stock bumper. Then just modify your Tsunami bumper to be exactly like your stock bumper. Make sure that everything is the same! Measure everything out perfectly. Mate the grill up to the Tsunami bumper to make the holes for the grill. Make sure to cut out a notch in the center of the bumper under the grill just like the stock bumper. This will help with flexing and fitting. Then make sure you prepare the Tsunami bumper for painting. Here is what you do: Painting Instructions

I think that's all the advise I can give you. Just remember to measure twice before you cut/drill. You can always measure as many times as you'de like to, but after the cutting/drilling there is no going back.

[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Pedrito 02-07-2002 06:53 PM

thanks for the advice but i have only one problem i already am in the process of getting the bumper painted soo... i have to put it on when it is already painted....so do i have to use my own screws and stuff or just use the clips they sent me i need to kno that and if i need screws what kind should i buy and stuff thanks again Grey...

Grey 02-07-2002 08:46 PM

They didn't send you screws? They sent me screws. You need 22 screws I think? They only sent me 20. I think they got confused and sent me the amount for the T2000 bumber. Anyway, get ones that are fairly deep. 3/4" should do. They also need to have fairly large threads. Widely spaced and deep threads will ensure that they grab a hold of the urethane. You need to pre-drill the holes in back in these tabs that stick out. You'll see them when you get the bumper back. Just make sure you use a drill that's smaller than the screw diameter. That's it. I'de get stainless steel, or zinc plated, or brass. Anything that doesn't rust.

Pedrito 02-07-2002 09:11 PM

wait i was supposed to get screws!!! aaahhh THAT SUCKS!!! i just got these black plastic clips that have screws on them they look weird maybe that is them i dunno...but thanks for the help

pimpdakota 02-07-2002 10:09 PM

the screws go thru the clips to provide a larger way to hold the speed grill on! Consider it like a washer for a bolt! And im assuming that the 2 peices of aluminum is to hold the bottom of the bumper to the lower radiator support?

Grey 02-08-2002 06:49 AM

That's what they're for pimpdakota. I'm not sure if I know what you mean by lower radiator support? Are there stock holes there that you can use? My body shop drilled new ones that go through two or three layers of metal and a layer of plastic (more sturdy that way). I also replaced those crappy pieces of aluminum with some 1.25"x.25" thick aluminum that I made holes in and polished to a mirror shine (you can get some at Home Depot).

CivicHX01 02-08-2002 09:52 AM

well mine only came with the bumper... i didn't even get a mesh!! well i got it for cheap though... my uncle had to make metal brackets under the headlights and under the bumper to keep it stable... i must say though he did a good job, the bumper doesn't move one bit... i'll post pics as soon as i can...

Maverick 02-08-2002 12:06 PM

well, my tsunami bumper will be here in 7 days, i hope i'm able to put it on as easy as ome of you fellas seem to have(or was that a misconception) once i get it on, will they paint it while it's on or take it off again? what's the rough install if i've never done this before, but i'm pretty handy and did all my other mods myself?

alienmonkey 02-08-2002 12:54 PM

any one know if you can fit the oem fog lights in the bumper. I have the bumper and am just wondering if anyone knows off their head or if they have done it?

Grey 02-08-2002 01:44 PM

CivicHX01: I want to see what kind of brackets you have under the headlights. Definately post pics of that.

Maverick: Yeah, it's easy enough. It has to be taken off to be painted.

alienmonkey: Fit where? There is no location that is like the OEM one on the Tsunami for OEM foglights. That's why I'm getting aftermarket ones. I have an OEM switch though. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

CivicHX01 02-09-2002 11:12 AM

<< CivicHX01: I want to see what kind of brackets you have under the headlights. Definately post pics of that. >>

i can't take pics of the brackets under the headlights.... i'm afraid to take off my bumper because i don't think i can put it back on the way its perfectly fitted right now, maybe some time when i paint my projector housings black i'll take pictures with the bumper off :)