Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   just tacked on the Magnaflow catback today (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/23302-just-tacked-magnaflow-catback-today.html)

blouisgod 02-07-2002 01:57 PM

just tacked on the Magnaflow catback today

it was nice out so i got alittle ancy and threw it up, well tried too. this system is so simple its ridiculous, but, i couldnt get the iron bolts off the cat (why Fe, i have no clue). i really need to buy an impact wrench. so i took it to an exhaust place and had some guy try to tell me how to mod my car, what a freakin moron. i had to explain to him how the system bolts up. i swear to god, if i only had the tools at my disposal, i would never EVER go back to a mechanic again. oh, about the cat back, it isnt to loud at all and has a nice deep tone to it, it should be alittle deeper when that matting loosens up; it just hums over 3000 rpms. it looks nice but it seems to hang a little low and it also has a slight vibration in it. i definately recommend getting smaller hangers for the resonator mounts, that should solve the problem.

MadMike 02-07-2002 02:00 PM

pics dude, if u could.

kristy 02-07-2002 02:06 PM

Thats grea, so overall you would definitely recommend it?
Hey madmike, if blousigod doesnt get pics up, bobbyd has pics up in members ride of his magnaflow installed.

blouisgod 02-07-2002 02:24 PM

who else makes a 304 steel catback with 2.25 piping for around 300 to your door?

MagnaflowGuy 02-07-2002 02:44 PM

Hey Mike, glad your happy with the system, how far off the rear bumper does it hang?????

ayzan 02-07-2002 02:47 PM

The second pipe from the cat to the resonator is what hangs a little low. Actually the clamps are what scrapes.

blouisgod 02-07-2002 03:14 PM

the muffler and intercooled tip mount flush and tight with the grove in the rear bumper, definately the best part about the system; plus it has an acid etched 'magnalow performance' logo on it.

LOWBOY 02-07-2002 03:34 PM

Im still debating on whether or not to get the magnaflow or the grredy.

Aznnp77 02-07-2002 04:18 PM

thats the one thing I hate about the magnaflow. ITS 2 INCHES OFF THE GROUND! The clearance from the ground is like the length of my middle finger. Whenever I go over a bump, I hit something, no matter how slow I go. And I always scrape it when backing out of my driveway. I give it checks every once in a while though. Looks fine to me.

bobbyd 02-07-2002 04:53 PM

wow, mine hangs a little low but not nearly low enough to scrape the ground ever. and I LOVE mine!

Unleaded 02-07-2002 09:40 PM

hmmm...I don't have any clearance problem with my system, maybe it's because my car is not lowered (yet). Also, did you guys remember to turn the clamps up or sideways to give it more room?
Click here for a pic of it

XVR4667 02-07-2002 10:13 PM

Hey how much did you guys pay for it? And did anyone get a picture of the whole setup...what it comes with?