Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   RYTEK muffler (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/22917-rytek-muffler.html)

SuperCivic2k1 02-04-2002 07:47 PM

RYTEK muffler

Hey, i got a Rytek muffler from spwusa.com and i also got a custom 2.25 piping..and i was just wondering if there is a silencer for it cuz my dad got kinda mad when he was using my car to go places and cops always follows him[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Amphiprion 02-04-2002 08:10 PM

Post a Pic!!! If it is the same muffler that I saw advertised in a mag a couple of months ago, then that thing is sweet!!

C2i0v0i1C 02-04-2002 08:36 PM

for one why is ur dad driving ur car. if my dad is driving my car the only thing he better be doing is filling it up with gas on his credit card. number 2, what is the point in getting a custom exhaust of ne type and then wanting to put a silencer on the thing. thats contradictory. if u wanted to go with that route u should have jsut stayed with the stock.

Amphiprion 02-04-2002 10:23 PM

<< for one why is ur dad driving ur car. if my dad is driving my car the only thing he better be doing is filling it up with gas on his credit card. number 2, what is the point in getting a custom exhaust of ne type and then wanting to put a silencer on the thing. thats contradictory. if u wanted to go with that route u should have jsut stayed with the stock. >>

Wow, your comments were so helpful!! I'm sure SuperCivic2k1 is very grateful for your insight!! Let's get real for a second....how much power do think you are adding with an exhaust? 2, 4, maybe 5 horsepower? We may not want to admit it, but often times it is the aesthetic appeal that prompts us to buy a part for our cars...even a muffler. So what if he is respectful to his parents and wants to quiet down his ride. Incidentally, what's up with you being so possessive and anal retentive about your ride.....so much so that you would only let your dad drive it to gas it up? Dude, wake up, it's a civic, not a benz.

nbpEMCivic 02-04-2002 11:18 PM

Acutally i can kinda relate to ur problem...sometimes I wish i had a silencer...Arospeed muffler and 2.25 piping....dunno if there are like universal silencers out there (doubt it)....try contacting the manufacture of the muffler and asking them directely if they make silencers for your particular muffler....dunno if that helps

SuperCivic2k1 02-05-2002 08:06 PM

heres a pic of the rytek muffler...

Grey 02-05-2002 09:55 PM

Haha, no !@#$. Cops followed him around? That sucks. Going custom is kinda dangerous because of that fact. You don't know what you're going to get. Sorry dude, I don't know?

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 02-06-2002 01:45 AM

My friend has that same brand of Rytek.. ITs sweet but loud.. He has been looking for a silencer for it.. and it cant find one.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] So I wish I can help u bud.. the only thing left is to take the muffler out. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]