Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   members with the RS grill.. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/22779-members-rs-grill.html)

Alex1 02-03-2002 09:53 PM

members with the RS grill..

hey id really like to see a pic of an RS grill upclose on a coupe. if not sedan is good also. i wanna see the mesh pattern because the cheap ass grill from autodynamics looks ugly the way the grill pattern was made.

Grey 02-03-2002 10:42 PM

I had a really good closeup shot on a satin silver metallic civic, but the thread with that picture is long gone now (I can't find it by searching). I'll try and find it again. In the meantime here's one from Optauto.com

http://www.optauto.com//store/images/HON-CTRG5.GIF

Grey 02-03-2002 10:51 PM

This is not the one either, but I'm getting closer...

http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVIC/lineup/...image06-4f.jpg

Grey 02-03-2002 10:55 PM

Distance shot. Argh!

http://www.naza.com.my/pics/latest_m...ic/civicfr.jpg

CivicVTec 02-04-2002 07:03 AM

i love those grill...but they cost too much and on ebay someone out bid me twice:cry:

thundercats4ever 02-04-2002 07:41 AM

How much do they go for?

GTekCiViC 02-04-2002 09:00 AM

i've seen them goin for 76 bucks on ebay........

Bartkat 02-04-2002 03:47 PM

I don't think the Autodynamic grill is ugly at all. In fact I plan to kee mine.

Cheap ass Autodynamic Grill on my ride

Bartkat 02-04-2002 03:49 PM

Procarparts has the cheap ass grill for $44, pretty darn cheap.

Alex1 02-05-2002 12:02 AM

well.. sorry bart.. IMO the mesh pattern looks wack. i like how the RS looks better. plus.. ill be the only hybrid with an RS on a coupe. shouldnt look to bad.

Bartkat 02-05-2002 12:21 AM

Have you seen either grill "in the flesh" on a car? I'm not saying which is better, but everyone likes mine. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Alex1 02-05-2002 12:36 AM

i used to own the altezza style grill.. i sold it to OTEP12.. i wanted something more flush.. that gap kinda bothered me. and the mesh pattern. The RS i never seen face to face.

Bartkat 02-05-2002 12:45 AM

What gap?

otep12 02-05-2002 02:51 PM

Where the plastic thingie used to go near the radiator. You can't put it back on with the altezza grill unless you do some cutting on that black plastic thingie.

Can someone help me with what its called? :)

Bartkat 02-05-2002 03:01 PM

Oh yes you can put it back. All you have to do is shave a little off the lower side edges of the altezza gril, and slip it down into the bumper. Then you put the grey plastic pice in place and fasten it. Then you put your bumper with grill back on. Fits perfect.

None of the original parts have to be cut or modified.

Grill and Grill cover

trevor 02-05-2002 03:11 PM

Can you take the RS off the grill?????
idont like it...jmo
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

Bartkat 02-05-2002 03:14 PM

I figure you can take off the RS. I know most of that stuff is put on just like emblems. I took the grillcraft off my lower grill.

Alex1 02-05-2002 04:30 PM

Bart.. whyd u take the bottom grill off?
u know what i think.. the bottom grill looks off because its inserted in there. i think it looks better behind the bumper. but that means cutting and painting those 2 fang thingys. what u think?

otep12 02-06-2002 08:14 AM

<< Oh yes you can put it back. All you have to do is shave a little off the lower side edges of the altezza gril, and slip it down into the bumper. Then you put the grey plastic pice in place and fasten it. Then you put your bumper with grill back on. Fits perfect. >>

I didn't get it. I'll try it when I get the grill painted. Hey Alex, did u talk to your friend about the painting? Cost? How long it would take, etc...Do u have your car back yet? A meet is going down this Saturday. Check the thread on the mid-atlantic board.

Bartkat 02-06-2002 08:22 AM

<< Bart.. whyd u take the bottom grill off?
u know what i think.. the bottom grill looks off because its inserted in there. i think it looks better behind the bumper. but that means cutting and painting those 2 fang thingys. what u think?
>>

The lower grill is not an exact fit. I may have to move the locating holes forward to make it work. I cannot get both ends of the grill go fit flush at the same time. But it's too darn cold to do it now. It even snowed here in Alabama lasty nignt.

No way am I going to cut or modify any of the OE parts. If I can fit the grill, ok, but if not, it stays off.

Bartkat 02-06-2002 08:26 AM

I didn't get it. I'll try it when I get the grill painted. Hey Alex, did u talk to your friend about the painting? Cost? How long it would take, etc...Do u have your car back yet? A meet is going down this Saturday. Check the thread on the mid-atlantic board.[/i] >>

What happened with mine is that the grill did not want to go all the way down into the opening in the bumper cover. This mad it bump against the protrusions on the gray plastic part that goes behind the grill. I just filed off a little off the lower outside edges of the grill until it fit right. Walla, no gap, and I have the original gray plastic piece intact and in place.

Once you have the bumper off and fiddle around with the grill for awhile I think you will see what I am talking about.

otep12 02-06-2002 02:31 PM

Yeah I know. When I got the grill I installed it right away and didn't bother making the grill cover fit. I'll take it out again after this weekend and I'll try what you're saying. Thanks man.

PerfectD3 02-06-2002 03:04 PM

Nice cat.

Alex1 02-06-2002 09:19 PM

JOE!

umm i havent seen him.. i saw him today but he was with his girl modifying her IS3. but i will tomorrow. itll probaly cost u round 30. but if anything no more than 50.

otep12 02-17-2002 09:38 AM

Hey Bart, you're right. It fit flush! Didn't even do anything to either the grill or grill cover.

Got it painted already alex, thanks for the painting lesson. Very amateurly done though but it'll do the trick.

Bartkat 02-17-2002 10:29 AM

Did you paint to match the car? How does it look that way? Pics?

otep12 02-17-2002 10:50 AM

I'll get pics up soon. :)

Daniel420 02-17-2002 03:34 PM

heh... I guess i am the only one that likes our upper grill the way it is...

I would concider putting in the bottom hole but i don't like the chickenwire that some of them are made from. Besides if i get fogs soon then i would have trouble mounting them.