Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Help with Spring Rate Problem!!! NEX suspension (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/22163-help-spring-rate-problem-nex-suspension.html)

duyaknow 01-30-2002 03:15 AM

Help with Spring Rate Problem!!! NEX suspension

Aite, heres the deal. I'm afraid of ride that is too stiff. I want to know what's the spring rates on the most common springs like Eibach, H&R, Ground controls, etc. I know the Eibachs will offer a good ride, so I esp want to know those spring rates. The reason is because the NEX suspension group buy ends Febuary 6th and I'm trying to figure out if they're too stiff. I would prefer the Spec Street, but only the Spec Race is offered for our cars (which are also 200 more expensive). Well, the deal is that any one who orders a set after january 28 or was it the 29, but either one, the day is over, will get the set for $850 shipped. The deal also ends a couple days afterwards. So if anyone has any info on common spring rates or any info on spring rates, please help me out before the deal ends. Oh yeah, the front spring rates for the spec street are roughly 12K while the rears are 6K. That's what the sellers says, but it confuses me because he said each kit is built for a specific car. Hope it's not like a universal kit or sumpin like that. Any ways, I've read threads about how great these are and read threads on how stiff they are. Never saw these before in magazines, so hope the name is decent.

VanDizKo 01-30-2002 06:36 PM

Hey DuYaknow, I just order the Nex SR application for 2001 Civic EX on groupbuycenter for $849/FREE SHIPPING and I can't wait till it get to my house. Anyway, according to what I know, Nex true coilover suspension SR is the spec race design with specific spring rate application for our 2001 Civic, that is the sping rate is always constant no matter how you low your ride. That is the advantage help us to elimanate the incorrect rebound/compression level of the suspension that effect the wheel travels when you low your ride. Also, one good thing is that Nex offer the upper mounting camper inluded in the kit, and that is better that our stock mount. When I gotta kit, I let you know how good it help on my ride.

GTekCiViC 01-30-2002 07:01 PM

Is NEX a good setup......... i heard the H&R coil setup were really good......... and only 900 bucks

duyaknow 01-30-2002 10:57 PM

Dang, can anyone here help me out. Any ways, the point is that is what I'm trying to get my hands on too Vandizko. I want to get on that group buy too, but I want to get some more feedback on the product before I get them. The group buy ends Febuary 6th, which is in a couple of days and I want to learn as much as I can about them before I buy them.
As for the difference between the NEX kit compared to the H&R, I'd prefer the H&R, but there are two things that prevents me from getting them. I don't see anywhere where there selling the H&R for 900 bucks, which are without upper mounts and two, the rear only lowers 1.3 inches. With 17 inch rims, a 1.3 inch drop just isn't enough.
Well, I hope someone can help me out or has had experience or knowledge about the ride comparison between the Ground Controls and the NEX kit. I want to know on ride quality, and lowering specs. Is it too stiff or much better than ground controls? Hope someone can help me before this Group Buy ends. Thanks...

SpoonSportsD17 01-31-2002 02:33 AM

<< Dang, can anyone here help me out. Any ways, the point is that is what I'm trying to get my hands on too Vandizko. I want to get on that group buy too, but I want to get some more feedback on the product before I get them.
>>

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:: tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:
Dont buy them, they suck... I had them on my car, they broke. Please dont waste your time. If you want proof, you can meet me up sometime this week and i can show it to you. I live in huntington beach. Its not too far away from you. Also, the ride quality sucks too. I am returning them back to Golden Apple for a full refund.
:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:: tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

duyaknow 01-31-2002 03:51 AM

THanks SpoonSport, for helping me out. How did they break on you though? Did the perch break or was it the shock? That thing looks pretty solid, was just worried about the ride. Since the ride stinks, guess you kinda glad they broke on ya huh? haha. Aite, thanks again. Too bad, was hoping that they would be good.

SpoonSportsD17 01-31-2002 04:51 PM

Hey No problem.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]