Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   auto to manual?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/21938-auto-manual.html)

SuperCivic2k1 01-28-2002 04:23 PM

auto to manual??

What do i have to do to get a stick shift since i have a automatic..and how much will it cost??
cuz i want to get manual once i learn how to drive it..yea...i know im a slow learner[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] but it will
help me alot if you answer this Questions! THANKS!

2k1 Honda Civic EX *silver*
DIY cleared Headlights
APC fog lamp with hyperwhite
custom 2.25 pipe with RYTEK muffler
Super Plasma Blue headlights
Blue/white turn signal and Dome
look alike spoiler
Euro taillight.

01civicboi 01-28-2002 04:34 PM

this has been mentioned b4. let's just say you bought the wrong car.:shake: it would cost too much to do the conversion. u might as well take that money and swap motors while ur at it

SuperCivic2k1 01-28-2002 04:59 PM

thanks for answering my question..i feel sad now that i have to have a alot of $$$$$$$
to change into stick shift...i should have learned it first before getting the car![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

Bartkat 01-28-2002 05:09 PM

Keep the automatic a couple years, then trade for a stick. Or spend your money on mods.

SuperCivic2k1 01-28-2002 05:29 PM

alright...but how much will it cost to change it to stick right now..just give me a estimate

NBlarson 01-28-2002 06:18 PM

Well, a lot of numbers have been thrown around, but ur lookin at 3 g easy, ur better off trading in for a manual.

blouisgod 01-28-2002 07:23 PM

it will void your warranty so just keep it. but if you wanted to do it, it wouldnt be too bad, you just have to find a wreck and rip the trans, clutch, cables,and shifter out....oh yeah, you need a clutch pedal. its about 1300 around here

Cowboy 01-28-2002 07:28 PM

You could always get a short shifter, not cheap, but cheaper than a new tranny

Dakker 01-28-2002 07:41 PM

<< You could always get a short shifter, not cheap, but cheaper than a new tranny >>

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

its not QUITE that easy man [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Becky 01-28-2002 07:41 PM

can you change to tiptronic (sp?) i wanted to change from auto to manual as well cause i thought in s. cali auto would be nice...but guess what...i still freaking hate it...i would rather sit in traffic with a stick then with my auto. but i was also told it is easier to buy a new car then change....but then i was also told to change to tiptronic.....please dont start flaming on me if this is a stupid question or been posted before...i am just curious and been through posts and did some research as well and just cant find anything.

SuperCivic2k1 01-28-2002 08:09 PM

same here, and ppl already start flaming on me and i just join this thing in like a day or 2 ago[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

01IncaPearl 01-28-2002 11:00 PM

<< You could always get a short shifter, not cheap, but cheaper than a new tranny >>

:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:: shake::shake:

Whatagolfer01 01-28-2002 11:25 PM

You have to have a manual before you can get a short shifter (a short shifter just makes your shifts on a MANUAL shorter & quicker). It has nothing to do with a automatic. :shake::shake:

mykel115 01-29-2002 01:11 AM

<< can you change to tiptronic (sp?) i wanted to change from auto to manual as well cause i thought in s. cali auto would be nice...but guess what...i still freaking hate it...i would rather sit in traffic with a stick then with my auto. but i was also told it is easier to buy a new car then change....but then i was also told to change to tiptronic.....please dont start flaming on me if this is a stupid question or been posted before...i am just curious and been through posts and did some research as well and just cant find anything. >>

Im not sure if theres a tiptonic for honda. I know Mitsubishi make one. Back in my country they sell Lancer with tiptonic they call it INVECS II.

But I have Driven an SUV that uses an tiptronic its a BMW X5 my aunt own one. And I can borrow it as long as I like. But theres nothing compare driving a Stick. Driving a tiptronic is like driving your auto transmission starting on D1 D2 D3 D4 and so on. The fun of how manual drives, that they can't imitate.

johnnieblazze 01-29-2002 11:44 AM

get a manual, you wont' regret it. I got an auto, but now I'm wishing it was a manual

johnnieblazze 01-29-2002 11:45 AM

opps, wrong thread[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Diznavis 01-29-2002 12:40 PM

if you want it that bad, trade the car in and get a 5-speed. youll lose some money, but youll have a brand new car and a 5-speed

SuperCivic2k1 01-29-2002 02:01 PM

YEAH! but i will lose all my custom stuff and the stuff i bought for my car..like how im i gonna put the stock pipe back on and the muffler and the resanator and the taillights????it will be hard and it will cost more money!!!

fraga 01-29-2002 02:07 PM

Nah, automatic all the way for me baby. One hand on the wheel and one on girly. None of the shifting sh*t. No time for that.:)

swmrsharon 01-29-2002 08:31 PM

Me too. I love my automatic. It's really hard to drive a stick and eat breakfast at the same time.