Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   OCTANE FRONT BUMPER!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/21271-octane-front-bumper.html)

CIVICINJEN 01-22-2002 10:38 PM

OCTANE FRONT BUMPER!!!

TODAY TODAY I JUST RECIVIED MY OCTANCE FRONT BUMPER FOR OUR 2001 CIVIC. I DID A SEARCH OUT THERE AND THERE SEEMS TO BE MIX OPIONS ABOUT THIS BODY STYLE. PEOPLE THINK IT IS TOO AGGRESSIVE BUT I THINK THAT THIS IS A TASTFUL BUMPER MADE BY VIS RACING. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW, RIGHT. I WAS JUST WONDERING TO ANYONE WHO HAD THE FRONT BUMPER IF THERE WAS ANY PROBLEMS INSTALLING IT, AND IF THEY COULD GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON IT, THANKS. PEACE!

GTekCiViC 01-22-2002 10:43 PM

yea i got the Octane front bumper......... i love it........ my friends love it.......
even my mom loves it......... :):):)

But i am dis-satified with Vis-Racing....... the buper is fiberglass...... so there
will always be sum deformities. From little ones to big ones..... Normally
people get fiberglass parts fitted into their car so it looks right......

Well mines is a little warped..... as much as i try to get it to fit properly it just doesn't.
I have like a noticeable mis-fit on the edges...... but it's ok.... I like my bumper.
But I'm gettin new bodykit for SHOW purposes :)

So good luck with ur Octane man....... ur gonna catch alot of eyes on the streets with
it on ur car...... so SMILE

eXNBP 01-22-2002 10:54 PM

Vis Racing.....nuff said:tdown:

OPGForce 01-22-2002 11:16 PM

vis racing said there will be a urathane version of the "octane" kit...just have to wait. they told me not to buy the fiberglass version cuz i was concerned that it would break.

GTekCiViC 01-22-2002 11:16 PM

yes true.......... but....... ehhhhhhh but nothing,
VIS RACING SUCKS ASS
If it wasn't for that i wanted a aggresive kit before
everyone had it...... i wouldn't even have bought it.....
I paid retail for the bumper [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
And I never pay retail..........

TopFuel 01-22-2002 11:57 PM

looks dope though [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] but i want the BUddy Club kit :tup:

Grey 01-23-2002 11:59 AM

Fiberglass just doesn't work in the real world. If I had a fiberglass front it would have shattered like 3 times so far. Since I have a soft plastic front it just gets scratched. :tup::tup: for soft plastics. :tdown: for fiberglass.

CIVICINJEN 01-23-2002 01:36 PM

whats up with all the disatafacation with VIS RACING. i thought they were a good compant since they were in fast and furious and all.:eek:

AFlyer 01-23-2002 04:17 PM

i was looking at the sedan full body octane kit, but why is everyone so dissatisfied with VIS? if it's that bad, i won't waste the $800. anyway, let me know.

Alex1 01-23-2002 04:24 PM

i like the octane front bumper but its the side parts that gets me. i dont like them. im the type to like the skyline front end... but no one got damn pics of it.

black2k1vtec 01-23-2002 07:31 PM

I like em, but they are fibre-glass:tdown:

And made by VIS:tdown:

SiRacer 01-23-2002 08:34 PM

The kit looks sweet, especially the front end, but fiberglass breaks easy, is hard to paint and generally sucks.