Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   HKS turbocharger update (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/21035-hks-turbocharger-update.html)

htowncivicEX 01-20-2002 11:44 PM

HKS turbocharger update

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 1:34 PM
To: Aaron Chang
Subject: RE: Turbo kit for Honda 1.7L SOHC

Yes, injectors and fuel pump will take care of it. Right now there isnt any injectors available because of the smaller size. Looks like a pump from a RSX will directly bolt in.

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 11:00 AM
To: Jon Kuroyama

Seeing as the fuel system is a big limitation for the kit, would aftermarket fuel injectors and an upgraded fuel pump make a big difference? I live in Texas and they're not too strict about emissions here.

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 12:05 PM

The fuel system is a problem with the 1.7. The injectors max out real quick and the fuel pump doesnt have much capacity.
There are room for upgrades, we used a AIC and found some decent gains until we ran out of fuel from the pump. There is no intercooler, but an upgrade package can be made to fit one. We usually build a turbo kit with CARB exemption in mind. This means keeping the Catalytic and stock fuel system, but with upgrades in mind to raise horsepower. Currently,a T25 turbo is used, but Id like to see a T28 on there.
Thanks for passing the word out to other 7th gen owners. Maybe we can push the kit into production.

jon

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 9:50 AM

Is 30 hp to the wheels all that the kit can handle at the moment? I know that the 7th gen Civic engines have a lot of changes like the returnless fuel system, but you're right - 30 hp for $3000 would not be worth the money. I did not see an intercooler on the picture of the HKS prototype - it shouldn't be a problem to fit a Spearco into the bumper right?

In the meantime I'll pass the word to other 7th gen Civic owners to voice their opinions on the HKS forum.

Thanks for the reponse!
Aaron

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 11:38 AM

Hi Aaron,
What I am actually trying to do is get alot of people to complain about a measly 30 HP. I want everyone to voice their opinions so that I have something to show to the president and VP that the market wants a turbo system thats more capable. Alot of projects and prototypes that we have done here never went to production because HKS Japan didnt want to manufacture it, or HKS US didnt want to hassle with it. I'm looking to turn that around, but I need opinions out there as proof.

Jon

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 9:18 AM
Subject: Turbo kit for Honda 1.7L SOHC

Hi, thanks for asking for our input on the HKS forums (all of us 7th gen Civic owners are eagerly awaiting news on HKS turbo). What I'm wondering is - is HKS still gauging market potential for this turbo? Or have they already decided to release it and are just in the testing phase right now?

Thanks for your time,
Aaron

htowncivicEX 01-20-2002 11:47 PM

Well guys - it looks like the HKS turbo is a long way from being ready to release to the public. If you would like to see further progress, please go to www.hksusa.com/forums and voice your opinion! HKS will not invest more money and effort into making a turbo unless they see a real demand for it.

CivicVTec 01-20-2002 11:49 PM

i'll wait [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG]

htowncivicEX 01-21-2002 01:25 AM

Wait for what? Another manufacturer to make a turbo kit? Bottom line - HKS won't even produce the kit unless they hear from us that we want it.

Crashoveride 01-21-2002 05:40 AM

Ok I went there and put in a post, just add to it guys. Click Here

Crashoveride

SneakerPimp 01-21-2002 07:13 AM

Even if they do finally release a turbo it hardly seems worth the money. :shake:

Cozmo 01-21-2002 08:35 AM

Anyone know if its on the LX or EX?... i vaguely remember the HKS prototype being an LX sedan from velocity magazine.

Bartkat 01-21-2002 09:08 AM

Well for the money maybe just trade for an RSX. You get the 200 horses, a nice Bose sound system, nice wheels and tires, suspension, most of the stuff you would have to add on to a Civic at probably less cost. Plust the whole car is engineered to do the job.

1028CiViC 01-21-2002 09:24 AM

i'll wait..but mine's automatic..don't know if it worth it..

htowncivicEX 01-21-2002 09:47 AM

Cozmo

The HKS prototype is an EX.

htowncivicEX 01-21-2002 09:49 AM

There is already a pretty lengthy thread on the HKS forum about the 2k1 Turbo. Please post all of your msgs to HKS here.

1028CiViC 01-21-2002 10:03 AM

:)

Bartkat 01-21-2002 10:06 AM

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

trevor 01-21-2002 11:48 AM

I 'd buy the 40 whp one............ i emailed em........ everyone keep on em.........
i also emailed anyturbo.......theyre workin too.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)