Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   mod recommendation (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/20245-mod-recommendation.html)

joefufu419 01-05-2002 12:17 AM

mod recommendation

i am new here. My car have no modifications yet except for the rims. I just need all you guys recommendations of which mod i should do first to improve horsepower and the cheapest way possible, thx

VTECnique 01-05-2002 12:23 AM

Intake ($250), exhaust ($300-400, custom), or headers ($250-$300).

Strut bars/Tie bars

Stickers (rice points=FAST CAR!!!!) lol j/k

emmagatorone 01-05-2002 12:24 AM

First of all, welcome to the board! Secondly, I went with intake. I have an AEM CAI. Good luck!

Voiceofid 01-05-2002 12:39 AM

just remember, if you care about your gas milage, don't do any mods at all, because you'll lose gas milage

antidote11 01-05-2002 12:44 AM

So untrue...gas mileage won't suffer like that. Mine didn't....You want to go in this order..intake, Headers, then exhaust.....

joefufu419 01-05-2002 12:45 AM

i dun really mind about that, i just want to increase more horsepower for my car. Is the intake the best and the cheapest way to increase horsepower?

antidote11 01-05-2002 12:54 AM

They really don't do much without the counter parts...ie: headers and a cat-back.
But they do add a little quickness though...but the headers will add more, and then the cat-back will make it all come together
and you can really feel it then.

1028CiViC 01-05-2002 01:13 AM

get intake it's worth it and it's the first thing many people do for their car

black2k1vtec 01-05-2002 02:47 AM

I would get a 20 psi custom turbo T4/T3, forged pistons, block guard, aluminum rods, knife edged crank, balanced and blueprinted, 8.5:1 cr, intercooler, Cam, titanium valves+springs+retainers, custom sheetmetal intake manifold, 65mm throttle body, inline fuel pump, injectors, fuel rail, cam gear, V-AFC, Boost controller, MSD, timing retard, type r and sir gears, LSD, carbon fibre axles, big brakes, lines, all bars, Spoon or Mugen rims, Ground Controls w/ Konis, Ingals camber kits, Carbon hood+Lip...anthing else...well could cost alot of $$$.:):eek::):eek:

Grey 01-05-2002 07:49 AM

black2k1vtec: Holy smack! Yeah, that would cost a little money.

How about an intake? Cheapest bolt on for the horsopower. Then maybe nitrous is the cheapest mod to increase horsepower. I would get an NX kit with a remote bottle opener and AEM's fuel rail so that you can hook up the NX kit easily. Remember that with the increased horsepower it's good to upgrade your brakes. I would at least bleed them and replace the brake fluid with some good DOT4 fluid. Then replace the pads with some AEM/Nissin ones. Then maybe the rotors. Some cross-drilled and slotted Brembo rotors would be nice. There's a group buy going on right now for them.

Red2k1ex 01-05-2002 11:40 AM

<< I would get a 20 psi custom turbo T4/T3, forged pistons, block guard, aluminum rods, knife edged crank, balanced and blueprinted, 8.5:1 cr, intercooler, Cam, titanium valves+springs+retainers, custom sheetmetal intake manifold, 65mm throttle body, inline fuel pump, injectors, fuel rail, cam gear, V-AFC, Boost controller, MSD, timing retard, type r and sir gears, LSD, carbon fibre axles, big brakes, lines, all bars, Spoon or Mugen rims, Ground Controls w/ Konis, Ingals camber kits, Carbon hood+Lip...anthing else...well could cost alot of $$$.:):eek::):eek: >>

I think that dude needs a little more cash to carry out black2k1vtec's plan...hehe...thats a hell of a list tho...that will be my wish list for my car now...:)

black2k1vtec 01-05-2002 12:28 PM

That would be cool if thats how I could describe my car!!:)

I wish.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

CivicPro01 01-05-2002 12:53 PM

Lower your car if you already have rims!! Eibach Prokit or Sportlines!!

joefufu419 01-05-2002 03:58 PM

thx for all your recommendations. But how do i install the intake? can i do it by myself?

VTECnique 01-05-2002 11:27 PM

The basics are the easiest to install. The heat shield on the header gave me some problems thoufg.

You can also do the suspension yourself if you're brave enough...

Red2k1ex 01-06-2002 10:22 AM

You should be able to install the intake and header yourself, but i wouldn't try to install the suspension parts becauae if you don't know what you're doing you can really screw something up. Just my .02...