Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Rubber strip under front bumper cover (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/197995-rubber-strip-under-front-bumper-cover.html)

dchonda 02-17-2005 01:39 AM

Rubber strip under front bumper cover

Does anyone know where i can order the rubber strip that rides along the bottom of the front bumper cover? Im too lazy to go out and get one at an autoparts store.

Thanks

civicvtec1ps 02-17-2005 01:44 AM

Lazy to search too?

Here it is.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

MCPRed_SRT 02-17-2005 02:32 AM

Next time don't break it and you won't need to waste money on a new one!

Later,
Greg

ZodCivik 02-17-2005 04:19 AM

Also lazy to post his info in profile. U cant break that piece... btw unless it fell out or something.

Xenin 02-17-2005 04:32 AM

it probably fell off. they come off quite easily.

Nasdurus 02-17-2005 06:58 AM

They can break, its just a thin peice of metal coated with rubber, held on put plastic push clips. They can tear, and bend bad. It wouldn't be a surprise if a lot of people don't have these as a result of lowering the cars. Honda calls them a front lower spoiler, eh.

bluestreak 02-17-2005 07:35 AM

I ripped mine off the first snowstorm we had, oh well, doesn't do shit anyways

Blahman2 02-17-2005 08:11 AM

yea... you don't really need it. Replacing it wouldn't be worth it.

SmiteSwift 02-17-2005 10:27 AM

This forum needs to create a search service for the lazy. Maybe 1500 point per?

gh0st 02-17-2005 10:41 AM

the rubber one held on by metal clips? if it's useless, i dont think they would've bothered putting it there in the first place right?

orion_squall 02-17-2005 10:46 AM

it is useless

Originally Posted by gh0st
the rubber one held on by metal clips? if it's useless, i dont think they would've bothered putting it there in the first place right?

hi,

it is useless because if you get factory front lip you will have to remove that rubber piece too.

thanks

bluestreak 02-17-2005 12:06 PM

it's useless, I ripped it off way before I had my front lip,
explain what it does other than reduce some shit from hitting underneath your car

snowboreddave 02-17-2005 12:22 PM

yeah, i hit a sidewalk with the piece of crap.. drug it home with me for like 2 blocks..

Nameless 02-17-2005 12:39 PM

mine disappeared .. dunno where it is LOL :D

20civic01 02-17-2005 12:47 PM

you don't need that shit, i actually had mine replaced under warranty a few times just cause i thought i needed it, but it doesn't do shit, and the last time i took it in the guy at the place was like, honda won't replace it anymore, it comes off on all civics, and it doesn't do shit.

Nasdurus 02-17-2005 12:47 PM

Its plastic push clips not metal, it runs about $44.71. It still fits fine even if you have the factory lip kit. Its there for a reason, perhaps so honda can charge more for the car or is it functional? The world may never know

kornsined 02-17-2005 01:19 PM

that thing is a piece of junk. i already ripped off part of it. i seriously don't understand what it's for other than making noise against a parking block to let you know your close to it.

cdmx 02-17-2005 02:01 PM

added weight

weight Reduction YO

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-17-2005 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by MCPRed_SRT
Next time don't break it and you won't need to waste money on a new one!

Later,
Greg

So we got a SRT person on here. First post useless. What a punk. Go back to your Neon Site.

A neon is still a neon no matter what badge you have on it

not even a srt4, huh?

centurioncivic 02-17-2005 03:18 PM

i took mine off...

kornsined 02-17-2005 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by MCPRed_SRT
Next time don't buy a piece of junk car, like the SRT4, and you won't need to waste money on a new one!

Later,
Greg

buwhahahha i just had to edit that quote. :giggle: just havin some fun.

centurioncivic 02-17-2005 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
So we got a SRT person on here. First post useless. What a punk. Go back to your Neon Site.

not even a srt4, huh?

and that guys right, dont break it and you wontbe worried about buying it. Sure i hate neons but i also hate your rims but you dont see me going off on you because of somthing you have.

kirks04ex 02-17-2005 03:29 PM

mine's falling off...oh well...i guess its not important

gh0st 02-17-2005 03:50 PM

yesss laugh now. but we'll see who's laughing when we find a use for it! :evil laugh:

ok jk.

kornsined 02-17-2005 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by gh0st
yesss laugh now. but we'll see who's laughing when we find a use for it! :evil laugh:

ok jk.

whipping ricers across the face. that's what we can use it for after it falls off.

cambo 02-17-2005 04:21 PM

not even a srt4, huh?

and your rice rocket is better?

MCPRed_SRT 02-18-2005 12:13 AM

Yes it's a Neon....HI

not even a srt4, huh?

Number 1 - I know dchonda in person, we work together and I've been helping him work on his car.

Number 2 - I'm a respector of all cars so I won't sit here and bash on all civics

Number 3 - But I will bash on your bling bling LX. I assume those rims cost more than your car, correct? That is, if they are in fact real chrome.

Other than that, I never came on here bashing ANYBODY else's car. I guess next time I should make a note that I know someone and am busting on them for someone whose ignorant. And yes I know I own a neon, I owned a neon before my neon srt-4. I don't have any shame in that. Perhaps you have some sort of a complex when I posted and assumed I meant disrespect towards you.

So you're car will be turbo by the end of the month huh? That's nice, so you'll have a run of the mill Honda Civic with a turbocharger. And I have a Dodge Neon with a bigger motor and a turbocharger. Dude you need to relax and not take things personally. How does my choice of a car affect your life? Did you have a bad experience racing an SRT-4 thinking it was a normal 2.0 liter neon and now your bent on revenge? I didn't buy my car to impress you, I bought my car beat little ricers like you.

Please remember it's all relative...
A Civic Type R is still a civic, an Evo is still a lancer, and STI is still an impreza , and an SRT-4 is still a neon. Please don't deny there family car roots, we're not talking Ferraris or Lambos here.

ANYWAY, dchonda got the rubber strip and we put it on today, that was the topic of discussion wasn't it?

manahoonie 02-18-2005 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by kornsined
that thing is a piece of junk. i already ripped off part of it. i seriously don't understand what it's for other than making noise against a parking block to let you know your close to it.

if you think it makes that scraping sound, check under your bumper. it's not the black rubber piece that's making that noise!!! :_please:

kornsined 02-18-2005 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by manahoonie
if you think it makes that scraping sound, check under your bumper. it's not the black rubber piece that's making that noise!!! :_please:

yeah it did scrape a bit underneath but nothing bad. it just ripped the rubber thing a bit. i was so mad too.

Xenin 02-18-2005 03:23 AM

mines sitting in my trunk, cuz i got my front skirt on.