Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Water in Altezza's (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/15755-water-altezzas.html)

godka0s 11-12-2001 09:42 AM

Water in Altezza's

For those people that have the APC altezza's (preferably CF), have you guys got water into them?... Just yesterday, I was washing my car, and I got water in them.. luckily, it wasn't where the lightbulbs where but the outer layer.. from what i heard, it's a manufacturing defect that some APC's altezzas have... Please let me know what the scoop is.. thanks

kristy 11-12-2001 10:06 AM

yes you can do a search on this and you'll have more answers than you need...i have cf apc altezzas and yes, they do leak. like I said, try the search, you can seal em up or do whatever...hope this helps:)

cwick187 11-12-2001 10:18 AM

yeah, i had the same problem. Just seal around the edges with silicon, and then put them back in. If you don't decide to return them. APC sucks as far as quality parts!!

antidote11 11-12-2001 10:52 AM

I haven't had one single problem with my APCs, but then again, I had them professionally installed.
Want my opinion, here it goes.......Pay someone to install them, that way if they leak, they will be replaced and/or fixed !!

Bartkat 11-12-2001 11:02 AM

Some of the older ones leaked. Some also didn't met SAE/DOT specs on account of no side reflectors.

I put in APC carbon fibers and have been trough the high pressure car wash several times and in some hard rains and not one leak.

cwick187 11-12-2001 11:46 AM

I don't think that having them installed by a shop has anything to do with them leaking or not, because it only took me 15min to install mine(very easy) and if you want to spend money having them installed by someone when you could just DIY, then whatever . But I understand what antidote said: "If you have them installed by a shop, just take it back and they will more than likely fix it". As far as other people not having problems with them, I guess it all depends if you get lucky when purchasing the lights wether or not they leak.

WeSSoN 11-12-2001 01:34 PM

Just let them dry and then silicone them up......all the "shop install" could have done is if they had siliconed them for you....but just do it now.

WeSSoN 11-12-2001 01:35 PM

Just let them dry and then silicone them up......all the "shop install" could have done is if they had siliconed them for you....but just do it now.

antidote11 11-12-2001 01:56 PM

It took them almost over an hour to install these lights in my car......I watched them do a little bit, and they were bending clips around some of the edges and siliconing the clips to the light, then the light to the car.......So I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done them myself.....they are after market, so they won't fit perfectly....and me knowing that, had it professionally done. It cost me 25 dollars to have them installed....I couldn't pass it up.

MY01HX 11-12-2001 03:44 PM

Well it took me 20 mins to do mine, a hour seems kinda unreal. Anyway, APC sold good ones and bad ones! You must have got a good set. Mine leak, like a sum bit*h! But I plan on sealing them myself. I done with dealing with APC, they suck!:tdown:[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

CivicVTec 11-12-2001 07:11 PM

let them dry it first then seal it well with sillicone