Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Archive - Parts for Sale (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/193-archive-parts-sale)
-   -   $700 less 'Brand New SF Turbo kit', Interested? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/193-archive-parts-sale/158001-700-less-brand-new-sf-turbo-kit-interested.html)

Ahtasham 06-06-2004 01:05 PM

$700 less 'Brand New SF Turbo kit', Interested?

Checking for interest in a "Brand new SF Turbo Kit" (undelivered, still with SF) with the following mods:

*Stainless Steel Equal Length Manifold
*External Wastegate
*Upgraded Turbo
*Alcohol Injection
*Alcohol Pump and Tank

Why should you buy this kit?

*I am willing to give $700 off the price I paid to SF for this kit.
*3 months of delivery time has already passed.
*In worse case scenario another wait of maximum 1-2 months.

Why am I selling this kit?

Ok as some of you know that I had placed an order with SF for a turbo kit in end Feb this year, paid in full. Altogether it has been a little over than 3 months now and according to the last email that I got from SF, my kit is all packed and just waiting for the external wastegate to come from their supplier.

My problem is that the delivery time exceeded far more than what I had anticipated. By the time I get this kit in my hands (as shipping to my location would also take really long) I might be selling my car and then I would have to sell this kit as well. So I was thinking why go through all this trouble and just sell the kit now as its still packed and new. Also, there is a better chance of the kit being sold in USA than my country.

If anyone is 'seriously' interested hit me a PM or email, then we can talk further.

civic01vtec 06-06-2004 01:10 PM

another unsatisfied SF customer :shake:

Ahtasham 06-06-2004 01:33 PM

Hey Dialup, how is your kit coming along? pics?

civic01vtec 06-06-2004 01:36 PM

turbo is on and running good....... no pics, sorry :(

Ahtasham 06-06-2004 01:40 PM

What boost you running? Any problems after install?

civic01vtec 06-06-2004 01:42 PM

8.5-9........no problems yet

jsammari 06-06-2004 01:45 PM

Joke of a company if you ask me, I don't know how they stay in buisness :shake: I'm reading on this forum about parts it the kits missing and broken, WTF?? don't they check the kit before it ships :screwy: Not to mention sloppy shipping and not returning customers calls. I don't care how good the kit supposedly is, if I'm going to spend $3000 - on anything, I expect perfection, with delivery made as promised and have 100% customer satisfaction. I'm I asking too much? I don't think so.

I will never order from these people. :tdown:

Ahtasham 06-06-2004 01:46 PM

Great .... wish I had my kit in my car right now!

C2i0v0i1C 06-06-2004 03:29 PM

i hope u people are paying credit card, thata way u can cancel it and get ur money back

Havok2k1 06-06-2004 04:40 PM

Even though this is looking for interest, I am moving it to for sale and leaving a redirect so people in FI will still see it....

allmotor 06-06-2004 04:48 PM

no one buy it there has been a shitload of complains about people in honda-tech scammin in pakistan and africa. In honda tech some guy was cliamin to sell a sf turbo kit for 1,200 in pakistan and my friend bought it and sended the money and he never got his kit. he tried to get a hold of him but the guy from pakistan never asnwered his eamails anymore. unless u really know him dont buy it. not tryin to be mean but there has been alot of scammin in other countries

lewal 06-06-2004 05:22 PM

^^ Word, there was a thread about an ebay scammer getting scammed... touched upon other types of scams in foreign countries

dragoon 06-06-2004 06:00 PM

However, this guy doesn't actually have his kit yet, and paying him just means SF sends the complete kit to you instead.

Cipher 06-06-2004 07:34 PM

are you in pakistan right now?

KnocturnalEM2 06-06-2004 08:10 PM

dammit...cannot wait to find a post like this when I have the money....couple more weeks!!

civic01vtec 06-06-2004 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by KnocturnalTKR
dammit...cannot wait to find a post like this when I have the money....couple more weeks!!

don't worry, he will still have it.........or at least SF will

Silversleeper 06-07-2004 02:02 AM

So what exactly is the asking price?

Ahtasham 06-07-2004 09:01 AM

Listen guys, this is not a scam or any kind of a fraud. I know my country has a bad reputation and I wont deny that, but my case is altogether different since the kit is still with SF and they are the ones who would ship the kit to the buyer not me. I hope this is clear to everyone. You can also confirm all of this with SF if you want.

About the price, as I said before, if anyone is truly interested PM me or email. And we can talk further from there.

carbonrevo 06-07-2004 11:53 AM

I am interested I am about close a deal with turbo discount for 2 grand what can you offer me?

dragoon 06-07-2004 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by carbonrevo
I am interested I am about close a deal with turbo discount for 2 grand what can you offer me?

A better kit than what you are getting with TD. Don't even try to lowball something that's in demand.

allmotor 06-07-2004 06:08 PM

i wasnt tryin to make fun of ur country its just that people in ebay honda-tech have been gettin scammed by countries all over saying they have itr motor parts for 300$ and turbo kits for 1000-2000$ and people buy into it and they get fuk'ed did u hear about the guy who sold a motor from to someone in pakistan and ended up gettin a check that was fruad and he had to explain to the cops all that happened dude lost alot of money not sayin u scammer but u cant trust anyone these days

zachgeyer 06-07-2004 06:50 PM

unsatisfied why ??

MagicRacing18 06-07-2004 08:32 PM

Your friend got screwed for 1200? that sucks. But if this guy wants to take 1200 i'll risk getting screwed. I'll give you 1200 for it right now :)

~nick~

Ahtasham 06-08-2004 05:33 AM

OK, since the same question keeps on coming up, this is how I am going to work out the pricing:

The price I paid to SF is as follows:

Basic Kit = $3100
Stainless Steel Equal Length Manifold Upgrade = $400
External Wastegate Upgrade = $200
Alcohol Injection = $100
Tank and Pump for Alcohol = $125
Bigger Turbo = $100

Therefore a total of $4025. Shipping not included.

I am willing to let the kit go with all the upgrades mentioned above for only $3300 plus whatever the shipping cost that SF would charge to your place. Also keep in mind that these upgrades now cost more (around an extra $100-$200 altogether if you place a new order).

To simplify the price further:

You are getting the basic kit @ $2900 (same price as True Honda) and then $925 worth of upgrades in just $400. Therefore saving a total of $725 from SF's price. Add your shipping cost to that (from SF to your place) and you have your grand total. I bet you cannot get a better deal than this.

Once again, I am selling this kit because the delivery time has gone too far and by the time I get this kit I might not have my civic anymore, so making the kit useless for me. ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE PROVIDED CAN BE VERIFIED BY SF IF YOU WANT.

Also, if I see my kit being shipped to me in a week or so then I might change my mind and hence this offer wont be valid anymore. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Ahtasham 06-08-2004 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by allmotor
i wasnt tryin to make fun of ur country its just that people in ebay honda-tech have been gettin scammed by countries all over saying they have itr motor parts for 300$ and turbo kits for 1000-2000$ and people buy into it and they get fuk'ed did u hear about the guy who sold a motor from to someone in pakistan and ended up gettin a check that was fruad and he had to explain to the cops all that happened dude lost alot of money not sayin u scammer but u cant trust anyone these days

I read you buddy, trusting someone where money is involved is a hard thing to do. But as I have been saying all this time, SF will verify all the info that I have posted. Thus no risk at all for the buyer!

carbonrevo 06-08-2004 04:13 PM

alright, is it possible for you to find out exactly when will SF ship out the kit, so that the buyer knows when to expect after the payment.

Ahtasham 06-09-2004 06:15 AM

I called up SF yesterday, spoke to Mike, they say they have my kit with everything packed in a box except the external wastegate, which they should be getting any day now from their supplier.

So my guess is that worse in worse situation, another 2-3 weeks from now if not sooner. BTW if anyone is interested they can call SF themselves and inquire about my kit and its delivery time. Talk to Catalyst with reference to my name. By doing this you can also confirm that there is no risk factor involved.

If there are any questions or misconceptions etc, please just ask. If I get a deal, I want it to be as transparent as possible.

Ahtasham 06-10-2004 01:39 AM

Just a reminder to tell you that this kit has almost all the upgrade options that are available from SF. The stainless steel equal length manifold itself is an awesome thing.

Though I am stilling sticking to my asking price for now, but am also open to reasonable offers. So let me know if you are interested.

ImportRacer2123 06-11-2004 05:38 AM

I Will buy the SF Fuel System from you ;)

Ahtasham 06-11-2004 09:31 AM

Sorry, but there is no way I am gonna part out this kit.