Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment)
-   -   Fog Lights Correct Wiring (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/354017-fog-lights-correct-wiring.html)

wadetb200 02-13-2013 12:47 PM

Fog Lights Correct Wiring

I have a 2003 coupe LX. I recently bought a spec-D fog light kit for the car, and have everything installed and routed properly. However I do not have the switch harness connected properly. Following the Honda directions listed here http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/civ03fogs.pdf I have not been able to complete the installation.

My problem is I do not have all of the connectors on my wiring harness that page 10 (in the above link) says I should have. Basically I am looking for anyone who may have run into this problem before and knows how to fix it.

My switch harness has a relay box, a green connection (appears to be a small 10 pin connection), and a white one pin connection on one side, and on the opposite side it has a larger grey connector (can't remember the pins) and another white one pin connector with a fuse box inbetween it (which I beleive runs to the back of my switch). Also I blieve there is a ground wire coming out of the middle of the switch harness. I can post a picture if neccessary.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

hioto 02-13-2013 07:53 PM

Re: Fog Lights Correct Wiring

Im not sure what your questions is...

are you looking for a harness pin out so you can wire it properly?

should these harnesses come prewired to the proper pin>

wadetb200 02-13-2013 09:55 PM

The wiring harness already has all of the connectors wired into it.
I am looking to find the information so I know where exactly to plug my connectors into. The problem I have is my wiring harness is different from the one listed in the Honda installation link in my first post. I do not have the same connectors on mine.

If someone was able to tell me which of my connectors i need to use to actually supply power to the lights, that would be a big help. I also do not know which connector by the center console (already installed in the vehicle) i need to connect my switch harness into. The directions are very vague. There are like 15 different connectors down there. I think If this does not make sense, I can reply with pictures sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your help.

GolNat 02-14-2013 06:05 AM

Does the kit have a wiring diagram or anything to tell you what wires do what?

wadetb200 02-14-2013 07:00 AM

No the kit did not come with any form of a diagram. I was very dissapointed. I have contacted spec-D tuning and am still waiting for a response.

I am simply (trying) to follow the installation instructions given in the link I posted. They're honda's oem instructions.

wadetb200 02-20-2013 10:24 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I managed to get power to my switch, however I still have a gray 10 pin connector coming from the sub-harness that I do not know what to do with.
I have the green connector plugged into the switch. the relay is plugged in. I have the grey 10 pin connector hooked into the fuse box (the grey 10 pin connector that is on the same side of the switch harness that the relay is on) and i have the ground connected and I also have the white one pin connector hooked into the fuse box (I had no other options, I did not know what to do with it).
I also have the switch harness and sub harness connected by their proper connections (via white one pin connectors)

So the only problem I'm having is I'm still not getting power through to my fog lights, and have an open end in my circuit (the grey connector coming off of the sub harness) If anyone can help me out and tell me what I need to change up or do it will be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pics attached.

The first picture shows where the sub harness connects with the switch harness, and it also shows the MAIN PROBLEM, the grey connector with no location to plug it into.

The second and third picture shows where I plugged the other grey connector (the one on the relay side) into the fuse box, and also where I plugged the other white one pin connector into the fuse box.

The fourth picture shows the switch and the relay.

The fifth and sixth picture shows all the wiring under my center console, which is where I'm "supposed" to plug in half of the plugs anyways according to the honda installation instructions. But I do not see how that is possible.

Hope these pics help! Thanks for all the help guys!