Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment)
-   -   Help with speakers... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/352428-help-speakers.html)

Gdinsky 11-03-2012 02:08 AM

Help with speakers...

I have a 95 civic EX and i want to upgrade the speakers and such. I want a really nice sound and some good bass to it. Dont get me wrong, im not some tool trying to have hella loud bass and dubstep. I just want something nice. I really dont want to spend more then $400-500. I really dont know what kind of things to look for but the radio i have is "Kenwood KDC-352U" if it matters. thanks for any help! :)

(Sorry i posted this in the wrong section at first. This is where it should be, sorry :D )

GolNat 11-03-2012 07:42 AM

Re: Help with speakers...

The only thing you really need to worry about is matching the RMS voltage of your head unit to the speakers. It does matter what head unit you have, and from what I can find the Kenwood model that you have has an RMS ratting of 22W x 4 channels. Each channel is a speaker so the speakers that you buy must be at least 22W RMS rated (I am assuming you want to upgrade door speakers and not get subs). From Kenwwod's website it says that your head unit is rated at 4-8 Ohms impedance. The speakers that you find must have an impedance between 4-8 also. It really doesn't matter what brand they are as long as the RMS and impedance match. Generally with audio equipment the more money the better the sound. Just stick with name brands and you will be good.

Kennykid2002 11-03-2012 11:52 AM

I would recommend the Infiniti Kappa or Reference series.
Either that, or the Polk MM series.

Both of which has great bass response without the need of a sub, but also has great mids and highs as well.

GolNat 11-03-2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 (Post 4622951)
I would recommend the Infiniti Kappa or Reference series.
Either that, or the Polk MM series.

Both of which has great bass response without the need of a sub, but also has great mids and highs as well.

I second that. I love my Infinity Reference amp and Reference 8 inch sub. When I upgrade my door speakers I will be getting Infinity speakers. My amp is atleast 6 years old and the sub has excellent bass and response and blends well with my component speakers. Infinity is a division of Harmen/Karden who make higher end home audio equipment. Never used Polk personally.

Kennykid2002 11-03-2012 10:37 PM

Polks tend to have higher mids/highs than bass.
They are clearer than most speakers I've tested.

I have the Polks DB series, because I knew I really only wanted the mids/highs from them since I was going to get a sub.
The MM series has a bit more bass to them.

The Infinities aren't as clear as the Polks, but they do put out some good bass.

GolNat 11-04-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 (Post 4623023)
Polks tend to have higher mids/highs than bass.
They are clearer than most speakers I've tested.

I have the Polks DB series, because I knew I really only wanted the mids/highs from them since I was going to get a sub.
The MM series has a bit more bass to them.

The Infinities aren't as clear as the Polks, but they do put out some good bass.

Thats good to know :tup: I was originally thinking about going with the Infinity's but my sub gives me enough bass and the only reason I was going to get component speakers was more for the mid's and highs. I think I will go with the Polk's when the time comes for me to buy speakers!!

Aetoc 11-05-2012 10:16 AM

I have infinity reference compnonets in the front doors, and I love the crap outta them for the price...couldn't believe the difference compared to stock, as when I bought the car, I thought the stock speakers sounded pretty good :_doh:

gearbox 11-05-2012 10:39 AM

imagine how much better they will sound running off an amp.

Aetoc 11-07-2012 10:07 PM

Mine are powered by kicker 200.4 amp, so 50w rms is a little low, but I have the gain set halfway and they still get damn loud and stay pretty clear to the max volume.

Walt_500 12-11-2012 12:41 AM

Hi all,According to me thats good to know I was originally thinking about going with the Infinity's but my sub gives me enough bass and the only reason I was going to get component speakers was more for the mid's and highs.