Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment)
-   -   Amp wont turn on... Help!!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/347228-amp-wont-turn-help.html)

SynPanda 02-27-2012 03:30 PM

Amp wont turn on... Help!!!!

I have a 98 civic lx

Okay I installed everything according to every little suggestion i've read online.
i connected the + terminal to the battery and the - to a part of the car i sanded down to pure metal.
i've even hooked up the remote wire to every wire everyone suggested and also to the fuse.
i have tried 2 different amps one used/is being used by my friend and a new one i just bought.
i've checked every wire and they all have power but the amp wont turn on.
What Can Be Wrong?
A few friends checked the wiring also and they dont see a problem.

BTW
its a 400watt amp using 8g wires and i have a 350watt sub

inifiniteblur 02-27-2012 03:42 PM

Re: Amp wont turn on... Help!!!!

can you take pictures? either the ground isnt good enough. the power fuse is blown. or your remote turn on lead is actually connected to the antenna wire but you thought it was the remote because it's blue. look at your cd player, look for a blue wire with a stripe on it. instead of solid blue.

if none of those things work then it's your amp. let me know

Jalldred 02-27-2012 08:21 PM

Try hooking up your remote wire direct to somthing hot. If you have a jumper long enough go direct to the battery, somewhere you know there is 12V. Other then that if not work, its your main power, ground or amp. Where do you have your ground hooked up to?

SynPanda 02-28-2012 05:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 96535
Attachment 96536
Attachment 96537

The Remote Wire To Fuse Was The Last Place I Tried Putting It.
And To *Jalldred I Did Try To Connect It To A Hot Wire Even To The Battery.
I've Tried 2 Different Amps And Still Nothing. They Both Work Fine In My Friend's Car. But Doesnt Seem To Want To Turn On In My Car...

TiggerDX 02-28-2012 06:24 PM

You wired it backwards. The red wire should be in the Bat + and the brown wire in the Gnd.
Reverse the wires and it should work.

Oh, and the friends that checked the wiring, don't have them do any electrical work on you car ;)

GolNat 02-28-2012 06:40 PM

I hope your remote wire is not being held into the fuse panal because you jammed a fuse in there. That should really be soldered to the ignition wire or at least crimped. Your going to probably need a new 30amp fuse for your amp to since its probably blown.

Stock 99 02-28-2012 07:00 PM

Originally posted by TiggerDX

You wired it backwards. The red wire should be in the Bat + and the brown wire in the Gnd.
Reverse the wires and it should work.

Oh, and the friends that checked the wiring, don't have them do any electrical work on you car
^ +1

that's pretty funny

SynPanda 02-29-2012 07:00 AM

Lol my bad
i actually had it hooked up right before.
i'm returning the amp back so i took it out and wired it real quick just to show you.