Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment)
-   -   can someone give me the correct answer plz.. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/329963-can-someone-give-me-correct-answer-plz.html)

charrie01 07-05-2010 04:45 PM

can someone give me the correct answer plz..

hello guys im having problem in my car stereo in my honda civic due to i buy the car without car stereo anyway then i did connect new vstereo on it..now the question is can someone tell me which color will go to the wire tru the stereo i did make the speaker work and the stereo anyway but when i turn off the power of the car the stereo reset and need to change setting on it all over again ..did i miz something to connect like there loads of color code in the stereo but my car wire has 4 like black/red yellow/red white /red black..can someone give me the correct wire diagram of the car wire tru my car stereo..

magicsound69 07-05-2010 06:18 PM

Re: can someone give me the correct answer plz..

the best and fastes way to fix it is to take a test light and with the key on the off position look for the wire that gives u 12 volt and hook that up to the yellow of after market radio that would be ur memory wire then with the key on acc position look for the wire that give u 12 volt woth key on acc but cut off when u take the key out and hook that wire up to the red of after market radio and that is ur switch wire and u should b good to go. try it out and let me know.pezzz

magicsound69 07-05-2010 06:20 PM

the colors of ur aftermarket radio harness will not match in color to ur wires on the car

charrie01 07-11-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by magicsound69 (Post 4477288)
the best and fastes way to fix it is to take a test light and with the key on the off position look for the wire that gives u 12 volt and hook that up to the yellow of after market radio that would be ur memory wire then with the key on acc position look for the wire that give u 12 volt woth key on acc but cut off when u take the key out and hook that wire up to the red of after market radio and that is ur switch wire and u should b good to go. try it out and let me know.pezzz

thnx...did get the 12v wire already and -wire or ground wire...now the question is? in my stereo wire ther is much more wired color rather than my car wire.my car wire has 4 included 12v/ground/so the two other wire left i have no clue where to connect it to my stereo wire....my stereo wire has 12v / groumd / acc / ill / mute / system remote which should i connect it? like 12v to 12v wire.ground wire to black wire or can u send me diagram to connect it properly...thnx for the help

charrie01 07-11-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by magicsound69 (Post 4477290)
the colors of ur aftermarket radio harness will not match in color to ur wires on the car

true the wire color r different to my stereo wire...any idea wire code for the honda civic? and which wire will go to stereo wire to my car wire thnx realy...

bigaudiofanatic 07-12-2010 01:30 AM

If you did cut the harness go to the12volt.com click on car wiring diagrams find your car click audio and see the wire codes. This saves me from when people cut the wiring harness off "face palm"

sup_mario 07-12-2010 03:52 AM

I have the same question too. i need to know some infos. Thanks in advance.http://imagecabin.info/images/index.php/3e7c716.gif

charrie01 07-13-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic (Post 4478287)
If you did cut the harness go to the12volt.com click on car wiring diagrams find your car click audio and see the wire codes. This saves me from when people cut the wiring harness off "face palm"

thnx a lot for the help i didnt cut the wire its just already cut when i both it.anyway i have the car wire code already but i have no clue which it will go.the only thing i know to connect is the 12v and the ground...the rest i have no clue..my stereo wire has 12v /ground /Ill /acc /system remote / this is color coded too...my car wire has 12v / ground / illuminate / switch can u tell me where acc,ill and system remote will be connected from stereo to my car wire.thnx