Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment)
-   -   New Trunk Audio Install...Tell me what ya think! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/306345-new-trunk-audio-install-tell-me-what-ya-think.html)

KTciv_03 04-06-2008 09:43 PM

New Trunk Audio Install...Tell me what ya think!

2 Attachment(s)
Bought the car bout two weeks ago and finished up this trunk install this morning. Like to hear some input... good or bad. Im open to responses. Thanks.

... also im new to civic forums. and this is my first civic.:_bow:

electric130 04-07-2008 07:20 AM

Re: New Trunk Audio Install...Tell me what ya think!

looks nice and clean. i think i would have taken the sides back instead of continuing them out and needing the slots for the trunk arms

pheaton 04-07-2008 08:21 AM

Not bad. What the heck happened to the trunk arms? They are all scratched up.

The red matches the car which is nice. Looks better than my setup, which I'm in the mood to revamp.

DeX 04-07-2008 10:43 AM

It looks good but would be much better if you changed the carpet in the trunk to match the box.

2DoorVic 04-07-2008 11:35 AM

Nice, it looks like my old setup!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/DSC00498.jpg

KTciv_03 04-07-2008 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by pheaton (Post 4305210)
Not bad. What the heck happened to the trunk arms? They are all scratched up.

The red matches the car which is nice. Looks better than my setup, which I'm in the mood to revamp.

ha ya the scratches... those were their when i got the car. If i get time ill touch em up a bit.

KTciv_03 04-07-2008 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by DeX (Post 4305242)
It looks good but would be much better if you changed the carpet in the trunk to match the box.

thanks. when i got the carpet i thought the original trunk was more black. I plan on replacing to match though.

KTciv_03 04-07-2008 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2DoorVic (Post 4305258)

thanks... whats your current setup like??

2DoorVic 04-07-2008 07:06 PM

its torn appart right now getting redone!

tuningmycivic 04-07-2008 07:59 PM

^ i was about to refer to your old setup. i would get some type of filler for the trunk arm gaps though. the kind i'm thinking of kinda looks like brush bristles. some of you know what i'm talking about. and def change the rest of the carpet to match the box. it would look much cleaner IMO

nice work though

StockPhobia 04-08-2008 07:39 AM

is it still fuction as a trunk ? If you put stuff in your trunk will it affect your sound quality? Anyway good job. DIY or ask help from someone ? I also wanted to make my trunk like that but may wife is still complaining bout the functionality....lol

2DoorVic 04-08-2008 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic (Post 4305408)
^ i was about to refer to your old setup. i would get some type of filler for the trunk arm gaps though. the kind i'm thinking of kinda looks like brush bristles. some of you know what i'm talking about. and def change the rest of the carpet to match the box. it would look much cleaner IMO

nice work though

i didnt like the brush look i always thought it looked cheap.

but def get everything matching and it will look great! i thought about putting TV's in the sides of mine but since i changed the interior its time to change the trunk. I want new subs a spare rim and TV's for in my new setup!

KTciv_03 04-08-2008 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by StockPhobia (Post 4305603)
is it still fuction as a trunk ? If you put stuff in your trunk will it affect your sound quality? Anyway good job. DIY or ask help from someone ? I also wanted to make my trunk like that but may wife is still complaining bout the functionality....lol

Sure its still a functioning trunk. Once i put my grills on the subs will be safe from other things in there. I got the idea of the trap door for the spare tire from a diy on here other than that i pretty much winged it. Maybe if you invert the subs inwards and put a piece of plexi glass over it, it would be protected even better. just a thought. good luck though hope it works out.:tup:

KTciv_03 04-08-2008 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2DoorVic (Post 4305611)
i didnt like the brush look i always thought it looked cheap.

but def get everything matching and it will look great! i thought about putting TV's in the sides of mine but since i changed the interior its time to change the trunk. I want new subs a spare rim and TV's for in my new setup!

Ya thats what everyone is saying so hopefully if i get the time i can do that. TV?!?! building a show car? a daily driver with tv's in the trunk is a little un needed dont ya think? would look insane though... good luck with you install. let me know how she turns out eh?

2DoorVic 04-08-2008 08:04 PM

yeah mine is a DD show car! but im still trying to figure out the layout for it!