Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment)
-   -   din plate for head unit (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/301351-din-plate-head-unit.html)

chawski 10-25-2007 02:43 PM

din plate for head unit

Currently I have an eclipse indash unit in the top din and the open rubbish holder under it. I was thinking about using my old alpine to run my ipod through since the eclipse ipod interface is like $80 (and from what i hear, not that great). does anyone know of a place where you can get a plate that holds 2 single din recievers in the dash? Ive seen a few people on here that look like they might have cut a similar one that I have, but nothing that looks like it was actually made for it.

Envy 10-26-2007 02:32 PM

Re: din plate for head unit

Nahhh. Itll be a lot of work. You will probably need to splice and duplicate all the radio wires. Just Harwire your iPod into a FM Modulator. Theres sites all over google that sell em for like $60, and it hardwires your iPod into your radio as a radio station. good luck

chawski 10-26-2007 08:05 PM

yea but the eclipse interface is like $70 so if thats my only option, ill prolly just do that somewhere down the road. sound quality over fm mods are usually pretty sub par

Stearic 10-27-2007 07:37 AM

Or you could just get tha aux input cable and actually just change the settings on for your ipod.... manuall! lol. I know, a bit sarcastic but if you are that against the ipod interface (and who can blame you at that price) i say just go with the aux input cable and control the ipod on the actuall ipod. shouldn't be that much harder to do then changing it on the deck. Quick, easy, and inexpenive fix for you.

chawski 10-28-2007 01:03 PM

^yea thats how i had it on my alpine, but im not sure if i have an open aux input. thats the only reason i would use the ipod interface. i gata pull it out today and see if i have an open one

Stearic 10-29-2007 12:03 AM

If you have a newer one, you should have an aux input port on the back of the unit you can use. I know the models for the past 2-3 years have had an aux input in them.

chawski 10-30-2007 11:20 AM

thanks, ill pull it out this weekend and take a look

Stearic 11-05-2007 09:31 AM

You really don't have to pull it out to see if it has one, just look up the model number online.

chawski 11-06-2007 05:23 PM

i found a place online that has a bezel that will fit the unit in either the top or bottom spot so since i plan on moving it to the bottom spot this weekend ill just take a look then.