Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment)
-   -   Where can i purchase sound deadening material? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/290365-where-can-i-purchase-sound-deadening-material.html)

vteck2005 02-13-2007 09:24 PM

Where can i purchase sound deadening material?

Hey i was wondering if any one new a place that sold sound deadening material (NOT dynamat, but like B-quite extreme, Raamat, fatmat... the alternatives) in the GTA area. Well... mostly the Brampton and Mississauga area in Canada. Ontario. Or do i have to purchase them online?

Thanks,

TRIZ 02-21-2007 09:02 PM

I'd say go for the online option, most of us dont know shit about canada except that your above us!

vteck2005 02-23-2007 08:12 PM

Thanks for the reply. I ended up ordering b-quiet (basically brown bread)... it's still in Canada too.

TRIZ 02-24-2007 05:24 PM

Never heard anything about it, any info on the stuff u purchased?

vteck2005 02-24-2007 06:00 PM

Really i thought this was popular. We'll supposedly it is. It should be coming on Monday by UPS. It's comparable to Dynamat - but thats what every company says. I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

Here's their website B-Quiet sound deadening material

Tazz2000 03-07-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by TRIZ (Post 4148455)
I'd say go for the online option, most of us dont know shit about canada except that your above us!

:lol:

PowerWheels86 03-09-2007 05:22 PM

so how was the stuff? i'm eager to know...

vteck2005 03-10-2007 09:26 AM

I haven't gotten around to install it yet. But hopefully this weekend - its supposedly suppose to be plus 6 or so.

Ohh, and i heard some people use carpet padding/foam. Where do they put that? As a trunk liner?

Thanks,

PowerWheels86 03-14-2007 04:17 PM

any updates?

TRIZ 03-18-2007 12:30 AM

Wow man, I've gotten serious about my audio system lately and was looking at picking up a 50ft roll of this stuff. I did some weight calculations and it looks like it weighs 17.5 lbs for a 50 ft roll. What size did you pick up, and how much did it weight... also, what kind did u buy- the ultimate? And if you guys dont use pounds in canada, lol, then just post whatever your bathroom scale reads for the roll and I'll convert it.

Let us know how the instal goes. I read you might need to use a hairdryer its below room temp, which it sounds like it is.

From what I've seen, people who dead the sounds, go super crazy and gut their interior and cover everything. Sounds like a job a 50ft roll could do =)

Take pics!!!

element_2nice 03-18-2007 01:54 AM

yea man take pics of the install
really excited abt this project....'cause i will be doing the same in the future

TheMoogly 03-18-2007 04:25 AM

It is probably too late since you all bought stuff but I use Tsunami brand silencer and I have covered everything in my car... except my roof... but everything else is covered... trunk, wheel wells, floors... it isnt very heavy at all, or at least I dont notice it because my car isnt fast in the first place!

vteck2005 03-18-2007 07:41 AM

Dash rattle - where is it?

I started installing the b-quite ultimate stuff on the rear deck and trunk lid, and i put some carpet padding beneath the trunk carpet. I looked for the rattles specifically and solved them. Overall the sound quality is a lot better. I still have a lot of the roll left over.

Except now there is rattling from the dash of the car, and i'm not too sure about how or where to look for the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

PowerWheels86 03-18-2007 01:59 PM

i had a question on lining the car doors... does it go all over the outer panel or both the outer panel and the inner panel... actually i'm just confused on what part of the door it goes on... i looked at the help pages on their site but the pictures and descriptions didn't help me... i may just be oblivious to what i was actually seeing

rice4lyfe 03-18-2007 03:59 PM

hey how much do you have left? wanna hook me up? i live in sauga too! 8) thanks

vteck2005 03-18-2007 05:13 PM

lol... well i'll see how much I have left after i do my doors and trunk floor. The website gave a good deal if you really need some - It came out to a little under $190 for 50 square feet (thats including shipping and handling and tax)

- Anyone know what i should do about the dash rattle?.. If its any more help it is coming from under the steering wheel area.

Thanks,