Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/189-wheels-tires)
-   -   OMG I would give anything for these!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/189-wheels-tires/306830-omg-i-would-give-anything-these.html)

Eyger 04-20-2008 10:35 PM

OMG I would give anything for these!!

1 Attachment(s)
I've been looking at all different kinds of wheels, 17's 18's, six spoke, one piece, two piece, polished lip, reverse barrel, stepped lip, mesh style, volk, grams lights, AME, Work, Advan, everything. I really wanted my wheels to be the corner stone, or the main feature of my car. A lot of people where I live roll on generic wheels, so I want something that's authentic and eye catching. I found this set of wheels on e-bay a couple months ago, and damn I've just been watching them. Hoping no one buys them before me. But it seems like it's going to be a while before I can seriously afford them. It's a great price, I just don't have the money. The best part is that this wheel meets EVERY one of my criteria for what I'm looking for: two piece, gold, mesh style, 17inch, reverse barrel, polished lip, volk/jdm wheel, and a good price..... maybe they'll still be for sale when I get the cash. :_please:

It's a set of Volk GT-A's 17x7 4x100 Gold with polished lip.
Another crazy thing, is that Volk has since discontinued them. Kinda makes me want them even more.

check:

ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1...3060QQtcZphoto

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/SSL21862.jpg

I also found a picture on the net of them (Although these are five lug):
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...1&d=1208748846

greeen01civic4d 04-20-2008 10:42 PM

Re: OMG I would give anything for these!!

well, if ur gonna give anything, then pay the price!!

tuningmycivic 04-20-2008 11:27 PM

man those are nice...if i had the cash i'd buy em first :D

Eyger 04-20-2008 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d (Post 4309311)
well, if ur gonna give anything, then pay the price!!

Heh, whad'ya mean like "Give up your kidney!" or something? Shiiiiiiiiit, I got two yo!

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic (Post 4309319)
man those are nice...if i had the cash i'd buy em first :D

Ha ha, yeah well I figured I'd stop being a bastard and share the link, I'd rather see someone here pick em up, then some douche in an srt4. They're nice alright...

modoman 04-21-2008 01:24 AM

they look like they should be behind glass... very nice

ex-cobalter 04-21-2008 03:54 AM

Ha ha, yeah well I figured I'd stop being a bastard and share the link, I'd rather see someone here pick em up, then some douche in an srt4. They're nice alright...[/QUOTE]

FTR Eyger: The Neon SRT-4 Uses a 5-108 bolt pattern, no worries about your 4 lug config, it's safe

FoSho 04-21-2008 03:34 PM

My theory is light & simple....wheels are made to contact the road & are gonna get beat up no matter how nice you drive....not to mention have you ever been to a track day! Those are probably ridiciously priced......

16inch rota's or something simple but good looking....nough said....they do look good though!

Eyger 04-21-2008 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ex-cobalter (Post 4309489)
FTR Eyger: The Neon SRT-4 Uses a 5-108 bolt pattern, no worries about your 4 lug config, it's safe

Heh, well thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Eyger 04-21-2008 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by FoSho (Post 4309583)
My theory is light & simple....wheels are made to contact the road & are gonna get beat up no matter how nice you drive....not to mention have you ever been to a track day! Those are probably ridiciously priced......

16inch rota's or something simple but good looking....nough said....they do look good though!

yeah I know exactly what you mean, I keep bouncing back and fourth between if I want to get a nice set of volks like that, or just get something less expensive and beat the hell out of them.

I just want to be happy with what I have, I don't want to say to someone "those are my cheap beater wheels."

I wish there was a mid range wheel. Seems like there's just really cheap-o kinda rims, then there's the rays and such, with a huge gap inbetween. That what It feels like to me at least.

FoSho 04-22-2008 06:22 PM

Well Rotas seem to be the only good option. Good price, good fit/finish, & they reliable..........

I have a set of repilca Work Emotion wheels...I picked up from Truehonda a couple of years ago. Rota seems to have alot of wheels very similiar to mine!

ex-cobalter 04-23-2008 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eyger (Post 4309605)
Heh, well thanks for putting my mind at ease.

anytime buddy

nicokpe 04-30-2008 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by FoSho (Post 4309908)
Well Rotas seem to be the only good option. Good price, good fit/finish, & they reliable..........

yup, same with my opinion ;)

Eyger 04-30-2008 07:17 PM

I feel that the only problem with buying something like rota's is the perspective. Whenever I talk to someone that owns a set of rotas or something else like that I ask them what kind of wheels are those and they say "...these are just rotas..." or whatever. It's like they're not proud of owning them. I just want to be proud to own a set of wheels I want.

I want to buy wheels because I want them, not just because I can afford them.

After a little bit of saving, I'll be able to afford more.

KTciv_03 04-30-2008 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Eyger (Post 4312289)
I want to buy wheels because I want them, not just because I can afford them.

After a little bit of saving, I'll be able to afford more.

Wish i woulda thought the same... really wanted the black tenzo r dc5's... hopefully this summer i can upgrade!

Eyger 05-01-2008 08:44 PM

^ I Think it's easy to be distracted by seeing a set of wheels which are also nice, but not the ones you originally set out to get. When you see the other ones you think damn I could have those now, instead of the other ones later. It's hard to save money when you always see nice parts!