Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General 7th Gen (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/186-general-7th-gen)
-   -   :'( My Civic..... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/186-general-7th-gen/288329-my-civic.html)

civ_nate 01-03-2007 05:13 PM

:'( My Civic.....

3 Attachment(s)
So on new years day, i was coming back from my buddies house, who lives kinda in the sticks, and it began to hail out. As i was coming down a hill, my brand new winter tires decided they dont liek to grip on black ice, and refused to turn.... i hit dead on with a rock... so, to make a long story short.... the frame is bent and i dunno whats gonna happen, ajuster looking at it tommorrow.....

LoneWolf 01-03-2007 05:57 PM

take bigger pics. I cant see much

btw whats black ice?

03-Acura-1.7-EL 01-03-2007 06:46 PM

That's not looking good. Pic are small to to see anything.
Looks like possible write off.
Do you know what you'll get next?

btw whats black ice?
...lol...black ice. I see you're not familiar with winter time situation. "Black ice" is the term uses to describe a patch of ice on the road that is not very visible (transperent) on the asphalt and therefore looks black, it is hard to see it while at the wheel.

AmbulanceMonkee 01-03-2007 07:30 PM

Black ice sucks. It just looks wet and see through, like water, you don't know it's ice till you're spinning around. As for your car, bigger pics would be cool, but those are from a camera phone, right?? Maybe take some with a digital camera once it's at the shop or your house or whatever. WTF was that rock doing there, anyway??

chicohonda02 01-03-2007 08:20 PM

can;t see shit

LT2004ever 01-05-2007 02:19 AM

it pains me to see stuff like this happen, at least u r ok.

svtec 01-08-2007 10:04 AM

that sucks man. dumb weather!!!

civ_nate 01-15-2007 01:05 PM

yeah man, i getting my car back tommorrow. I did little more the 7k$ damage to it, destroyed the whole underside of the driver side of the car. [ control arm, axel, oil pan, bumper, fender, door, headlight, tons of clips/tabs n whatnot, dented the unibody, destroyed the exaust, rear suspension fell out] I getting it back tomorrow, cant wait, i miss my car, ive been driving a pt cruiser rental car [piece of crap] and im about to kill myself im so embarrassed :D. The door decals have been removed by the body shop :d which i was going to do myself.

The pictures are small becuase it was a phone cam, unfortunally it the only cam i ahve and did not get any bigger pictures, that rock was wedged under my car, as bad as that seems, thank god, becuase behind that line of trees u can see, thier is a 45ft drop off :D.

Body shop said that if i had been 3" more towards the center of the car, i woulda hit the tranny and it would ahve been a write off :d thank god:D

Black ice sucks, it was raining, then it froze for 2 hrs, the shut the highways off for 1hr, the in melted in 2 hrs, within those 2 hrs, my insurance company alone had 7 claims, and the tow driver i called said he had 9 other cars waining for him when the re-open the highway :D

was a shitty day all around, and to top it all off, it was my b-day :'(

DDragon7 01-16-2007 07:57 AM

Wow, that's alot of damage.

civ_nate 01-17-2007 03:46 PM

i got it back today :D final quote was $6945.11 damage :D i needed a new cat and they replaced the whole exhaust :D works and sound smuch better now :D

BCCentaur3 01-22-2007 11:19 PM

Hey kind of looked like me last summer in the rain, but I had both my bumpers ripped off. Atleast you're okay man.

civ_nate 01-24-2007 08:23 PM

yeah im lucky that way for sure, im not hurt but my wallet gonna be. Man when i renew my ins. in sept, i might as well walk in the door and drop a bar of soap....