Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Getting closer to upgrading (random thoughts) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/363814-getting-closer-upgrading-random-thoughts.html)

pheaton 05-04-2015 03:03 PM

Getting closer to upgrading (random thoughts)

Just need a place to think out loud. Silently from my keyboard. . haha. I'm thinking about car shopping soon. Maybe a 2015 Civic is in my near future? :shrug:

The '01 Civic is over 181k miles and the ole 7th Gen looks like it's gonna start costing me more than it's worth. Rear main seal has been leaking as well as the oil pan gasket. I don't really feel like getting that involved in a repair. I don't know what I'm doing really and don't want to spend the money to take it in. :violin:

Not to mention I did some work to the front end of the car and it's not right, I'm not very good at working on cars. . haha.. When I take a left, it seems to try and pull left, until I take my next right, then it wants to pull right. This is after an alignment, no idea. lol. New LCA bushings, shocks, outer tie rod ends, ball joints. No idea what's causing it and I don't want to get back into it, again, terrible at working on cars. :cool:

Today is more or less the final straw, I hit a turkey on the way to work, :hithead: did some pretty decent damage. Don't want to spend the money on repairs. ***picture coming soon***

I guess I'm sad to say that my love affair with my car is slowly coming to an end. It was my first brand new car. Bought it in July 2001 (note the join date on my profile). Just about all of the 181k miles were put on by me. I've literally driven around the world several times. I was 18 when I bought it and now I'm 32, we have been through everything together. Hard to let it go, but impossible to be like it once was. Nothing is permanent I guess. :_beer:

Thanks for listening!

xRiCeBoYx 05-04-2015 08:22 PM

Re: Getting closer to upgrading (random thoughts)

Wow.. I haven't seen you around in quite some time. What's up?!

I'm good at working on cars, and I've been a bit in the same mindset, that, though I can do the repairs, I don't know that I want to spend more money on my civic. She needs rear brakes, an oil change, and some rear subframe repair (pretty gnarly accident last thanksgiving), but I honestly don't know how much longer I'll have this car for. :shrug:

If I get into another accident, that'll be the straw that break the camel's back, for sure. I'm really curious as to how much damage a turkey could have done. Lol

sdaidoji 05-04-2015 08:26 PM

Re: Getting closer to upgrading (random thoughts)

must have been a thanksgiving turkey sized... wow

hope you get some things fixed before you sell, it would bring a better resale value.