Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Im retiring from civicforums, thank you all for everything! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/363487-im-retiring-civicforums-thank-you-all-everything.html)

Civicnoobie 04-06-2015 09:04 PM

Im retiring from civicforums, thank you all for everything!

Bought a new car and picking up this Wed at lunch. Its still a Honda, just not a civic. If you remember me posting exactly 3 years ago, I was THIS close to buying a 2011 gen coupe, then a 2009 civic SI but backed out due to high rates. I thank you all, for giving me all the advice I needed at the time and talking me out of it due to the high rate. Waiting another 3 years to buy a new car really saved me!

Well, I wasnt expecting to get such a low rate, but over the past year I have been going from 300km a week to 600-650k now that I have a weekend job on top of my M-F job (yes I work 7 days a week, about 60 hours). My weekend job is 75km each way from home.

Over the past year (6 months especially) there have just been many times where I wanted a bigger car. This where I really wanted the extra interior space and legroom, compartments etc. I just grew out of my civic. It was a great car that I drove for 4.5 years. I will miss it when I sell it. Its crazy how much work i had done to it and how well I took care of it. The person who buys it is going to have a very reliable car that has never given me trouble. 14 year old civic and it still runs perfect.

Over the past 3 years I have kept any thoughts of buying a new car off my mind. It never even crossed my mind once, which I am very proud of myself about. *pats on back*. I just wanted to save up and save up and save up and continue rebuilding my credit. And I did just that! Patience is a virtue.

But over the past couple weeks, my urge to shop or just casually browse for cars came back on my mind. I wasnt getting my hopes up, but I casually browsed and figured I would try applying for finance. Never hurts to try but I wasnt very confident I would get a good rate.

So I went into a Honda dealer last week and had my eye on one car only. Test drove it, got it inspected by my mech, and even though I wasnt able to bring down the price, I got a prime 2.9% rate over 60 months. Which I was shocked!

The car was 17K CDN and I put 10K down. Even though I have 60 months on mine, I plan on paying the remainder off ASAP.

If any of you remember, when I was about to buy the 09 civic SI in 2012, my rate was 29%.

Just want to thank everyone for all their advice and help over the years (especially ezone who was very patient with me and all my stubborn questions). I learned a lot from the community on here. You have all been a great help.

When I first joined this community 4.5 years ago, I didnt even know where my oil dipstick was or how to even turn on my headlights. Over time, I started learning more and more about the car and eventually started doing my own oil changes and ATF changes, changing the PS fluid, and few other things.

I will still visit every now and then when I run into questions and problems with the new car.

Saying goodbye to the civic family and hello to the accord coupe family. :)

2011 Accord Coupe EXL, 4cyl with only 44k KM. Was gonna go with the V6 but the gas savings is what won me over. Gas savings every year > More power for me.

Im gonna try to keep this car stock as possible with only a few mods. It already has a 40% tint on all windows, so that saves me $200 easy.

Not gonna put HID kit in them due to not having the right housing. Instead ill save the $180 and buy some upgraded bulbs or just stick with OEM.

I have all the audio gear to rip out from my civic now. Im most definitely going to be putting this all in the new accord. Have to buy 2 pairs of new 6.5" speakers and new amp kit, thats it.

Will also add a remote starter and 3M film on the front part of the hood.

Other than that, thats about it for cosmetic upgrades.

Will be doing an ATF drain and fill, an oil change switch to 0W-20 full Syn, brake flush, coolant flush and putting in a new battery right away, just so I can start my maintenance records.

That exact feeling that I had 4.5 years ago is now coming back, I am so excited and probably wont be able to sleep Tues night :)

I cant wait to wax it Fri night!

ezone 04-06-2015 09:31 PM

Re: Im retiring from civicforums, thank you all for everything!

Well, congrats! I wish the best of luck to you!

sdaidoji 04-06-2015 09:47 PM

Congrats and aside from all the attrition, hope the best for you, civicnoobie :)

xRiCeBoYx 04-07-2015 01:02 AM

best of luck with the accord :tup:

mac25 04-07-2015 01:57 PM

Sounds good bra, post some pics up when she's wax'd.

Civicnoobie 04-14-2015 03:37 PM

Said bye to the civic this morning, sad to see it go. Not because I still want it, but because it wont be as well maintened with the new owners as it was with me. It served me well for 4.5 years. The new owners drove away happy.

Here is everything Ive done so far to the new car: I picked up the car just last Friday, I booked all my appointments prior to picking it up so I can get in faster.

- 2 way compustar 3000ft Remote starter - $550 installed. Crazy range and dont see myself going back to a 1 way ever again. The $100 extra for the 2 way is well worth it.
- Ebay fogs - $80 (will be putting 3M on them and LEDs inside)
- New summer tires - $900 installed (tires were stock before and had 30% tread left. No way i was driving a full summer with 30% tread)
- 50% tint, 4 windows - $150 installed. Went with a lighter tint this time around vs 35% on my previous car. Its nice having the extra light when driving at nights.
- Clear paint protection Film on headlights, hood, fenders, mirrors. Went with the 18" package. After I saw everything installed, I kinda felt gutted that I didnt pay the extra $80 to go with the 24" package so it covers further back on the fenders. But too late now, no big deal. Still got a good deal - $300 no tax.

Decided to sell off all my car audio gear from the old car as the one in the new car sounds great! Wow was I ever shocked, it doesnt sound like crap at all. Plus I didnt want a sub laying around taking up space. The integrated one in the back dash sounds pretty decent and no rattling at all. Already started selling off all my gear and it will help re-coupe costs.

I might still put in my single DIN though, ill have to see. This cars dash doesnt look right with a single DIN, so i might go with a double DIN since visions has a pioneer for $300. Right now Im using my phone for music and running it through the AUX. It feels really awkward, plus looking down to skip songs is a huge danger risk compared to a head unit. Plus I hate having wires all over the place. Not happy about having to pay $150 for a Metra dash kit though just to allow an aftermarket head unit to be installed on this car.

The speakers themselves sound more than good enough for me. At least enough to not want to install better ones and pay a fortune for install. Install for 6 speakers, 2 amps, all the wiring and a head unit would cost me a full days labour. I cant say how relieved I am in how good the stock system sounds and not having to pay to have everything reinstalled again, plus buy new speakers, wiring, etc.

mikey1 04-14-2015 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie (Post 4683301)
Said bye to the civic this morning, sad to see it go. Not because I still want it, but because it wont be as well maintened with the new owners as it was with me.

how do you know?

lowlife9 04-14-2015 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mikey1 (Post 4683302)
how do you know?

because OCD.

cja3455 04-18-2015 12:55 PM

good choice with the accord EXL, very good cars :ohyeah: