Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   upgrades for an 05 ex coupe a/t (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/317409-upgrades-05-ex-coupe-t.html)

jdmballer90 04-30-2009 01:37 PM

upgrades for an 05 ex coupe a/t

hey guys im new to this forum

i have a 2005 ex honda civic coupe an its an automatic

so i was wundering wat wuld be the best upgrades for my car that wuld make it quick without a turbo or supercharger

id really apreciate your help

lowlife9 04-30-2009 02:13 PM

Re: upgrades for an 05 ex coupe a/t

sory to burst your buble but there are not any all the bolt ons do nothing focus on appearance thats your best bet plus its a economy nuff said.

krarnold 04-30-2009 03:02 PM

Agreed. Do your basic stuff that supposedly increases hp and mpg. Intake and a muffler. May not help with hp, but shouldn't hurt mpg. Focus on appearance, but also think about suspension. You might never be fast or quick in a straight line, but it may be possible to be quick around corners and such. Regardless of what anyone says, its ur car, make it fun to drive.

jdmballer90 05-02-2009 10:34 AM

thanx for your help
thats wat i was thinking but i was unsure
thanx for clarifying it for me

BJanzen 05-02-2009 01:45 PM

Just to add, most people add intakes/exhaust for the sound. Some people have got minor gains from intake and full exhaust according to the dyno, but like I said MINOR.

qijian 05-04-2009 10:16 PM

our cars arent made to be fast, but it doesnt mean it can't be fun (=

Ramikemp 08-26-2009 02:12 PM

yeah I know what they mean. I have an 02 EX its auto too. But I plan on making it stick as soon as I get all the money. So far I just bought rims for my car. Nothing big.

cloud2987 08-27-2009 01:32 AM

Hey.. I am new to this forum too. I love my 04 EX sedan even tho its an A/T. I put in a AEM short ram air intake with AEM dryflow filter and that's about it for performance upgrades, but I loved the difference it made! As far as ICE i put in an Jensen indash touchscreen monitor (i know its not the best, but I got it real cheap and it works well) I also put in my old PS2 slim. I got Sony interior speakers, Sony subs, and a profile amp. My last mod which I did today was the Vtec light indicator.. which was a fun cheap upgrade I saw in the DIY section (but it your going to try it.. there were some things in the instructions that were wrong and unclear that I had to figure out the hard way, but it worked out in the end. So just ask if your going to try it). Also I am thinking about doing the smoked tail lights which was on the DIY section too. Anyways sry if I rambled on.. I just glad to see someone else with an AT too.. lol